Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              7      
       end

Sony A7R sensor gets high scores from DxOMark

Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #1 · Sony A7R sensor gets high scores from DxOMark

douglasf13 wrote:
I find it a little odd that someone who is apparently interested in the visual art of photography wouldn't be interested in the visual design from a camera maker. I'm not saying that function should follow form, but they're both important.

To you maybe, but not to me. Ugly cameras can take beautiful images. So can ugly people.

Nov 18, 2013 at 06:41 AM
Matt Grum
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #2 · Sony A7R sensor gets high scores from DxOMark

RustyBug wrote:
Isn't it time to think about doing something different

I seriously considered giving up colour for good and shooting BW only! If there was a reasonably priced monochrome camera available I would have done it.

RustyBug wrote:
... either a different brand of camera with a different approach to color, or consider employing some more technically oriented methods

I'm doing a lot of spot corrections which gives the results I'm after but it is time consuming, and just takes the fun out of everything. I don't mind when it's a handful of images shot for personal reasons, but when it's hundreds of images from a wedding...

RustyBug wrote:
Realizing the variance in film profiles @ Kodachrome vs. Ektachrome vs. Fujichrome, etc. ... if you didn't like the color response of one film, you chose another. For me, it was Fujichrome for nature, VPS 160 for weddings. There really wasn't a "one size fits all" film response to color. Why would we expect a one size fits all ability of digital to be any different. They are all going to have their shortcomings (fewer is better of course), but imo, it is good to know where their strength/weaknesses are aligned to their approach @ color ... just like we
...Show more

I don't want to have to carry two camera bodies to have two different colour interpretations. If you capture enough data it should be possible to emulate any of the current digital sensors (or films), though to do that camera manufacturers would have to stop chasing after low light performance in every single model.

Dec 03, 2013 at 10:37 AM
theSuede
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #3 · Sony A7R sensor gets high scores from DxOMark

The real trick is finding (or better, making) a camera profile and base import setting that minimizes your PP. It isn't that hard, actually.

There's no denying that there are conceptual differences between different camera's CFA layouts, making them hard to ALWAYS match no matter what the light conditions are. Given just ONE light condition, I can arrive at a profile/setting combination that color matches almost any camera to another (or to reference) with just a session or two. After that it's a lot less work.

Dec 03, 2013 at 12:06 PM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password