Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Canon "Oops!" Shots

Gunzorro
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon "Oops!" Shots

Do you have an "Oops" shot? Something unintended? A tragic missed shot? An unscripted moment? An unguarded expression captured?

I thought with all our expertise and professionalism, surely we must also have some bloopers or embarrassments on our hard drives!

I'll start with one that isn't mine, and it's only notable for how I acquired it and the out-of-context nature of the graphic.

This test shot was left on a memory card by one of our very well known contributing photographers, from a camera I purchased from him (or her!). There were a few images on the card, and I kept them for their incongruity.

Hope I'm not in trouble, but this is an "oops!" of "who knew?" the image would ever surface again!

Please add your fun, funny, or "oops!" shots.

"MFA Focus Test"

Oct 31, 2013 at 02:48 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon "Oops!" Shots

Oct 31, 2013 at 03:12 PM
estrellas321

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon "Oops!" Shots

I don't know if this classifies as an "oops" photo. The picture quality certainly isn't there, but there is an interesting story behind it.

I was riding in a van down a forest in one of the islands of the Philippines. There were a lot of trees beyond the eye can see, totally uninhabited, so I decided to take a picture outside the side window. I put my shutter to 1/1250 because we were going probably 50mph and take a random snap at the trees. I look at my viewfinder and I see this man looking right at me. Creepy! I didn't see anyone else around the area, he must have been alone along miles and miles of this forest.

Coincidentally...Happy Haloween!

Myterious Filipino Man

Oct 31, 2013 at 06:00 PM
MintMar
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon "Oops!" Shots

I'd say: "See, a side focus!"

Oct 31, 2013 at 07:15 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon "Oops!" Shots

Stupid birds!

Canon EOS-1D Mark II    420mm    f/5.6    1/160s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

Oct 31, 2013 at 08:56 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon "Oops!" Shots

Nothing earth shaking but funny as my disability often is, was attempting to snap a pic of my lady with our G12, got a huge leg/hip spasm. Usually my entire body feels the shaking and this time my hands did, camera dropped to my lap, hit my old trusty lap desk. I was in the process of firing the remote as usual, tongue to button, and well another strong spasm brought forth this lovely abstract...oh the joy's of crippledom

Canon PowerShot G12    6mm    f/2.8    1/60s    640 ISO    0.0 EV  

Edited on Oct 31, 2013 at 10:03 PM · View previous versions

Oct 31, 2013 at 09:57 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon "Oops!" Shots

One of my favuorite oops moments was letting my wife hold the camera and lens while I drove home. Got home and when I downloaded the images I noticed a couple of very large files, which turned out to be a 30 minute videos of her feet.

Oct 31, 2013 at 10:01 PM
beanpkk
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon "Oops!" Shots

I pointed the camera out the car window as we passed this buffalo. After I pressed the shutter button I realized that I had not set up the camera properly at all for shutter speed etc., and the camera had its shutter speed set way too slow. The episode resulted in this image, which I must say I rather like in spite of the fact that abstracts have not generally been my thing.

Abstract Buffalo:

buffalo by beanp, on Flickr

Keith

Nov 01, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canon "Oops!" Shots

beanpkk wrote:
I pointed the camera out the car window as we passed this buffalo. After I pressed the shutter button I realized that I had not set up the camera properly at all for shutter speed etc., and the camera had its shutter speed set way too slow. The episode resulted in this image, which I must say I rather like in spite of the fact that abstracts have not generally been my thing.

Abstract Buffalo:
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3718/10600980163_31f2bcf176_c.jpg
buffalo by beanp, on Flickr

Keith

Turned out great.

Nov 01, 2013 at 01:19 AM
Paul Mo
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canon "Oops!" Shots

Pixel Perfect wrote:
Turned out great.

Photo club category winner!

Nov 01, 2013 at 01:30 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Lotuselite
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Canon "Oops!" Shots

I have a whole lot when the Touch shutter release on my EOS M triggered by bouncing on my chest.
I wish there was some way of locking what is on the touchscreen on the M, particularly the movable focus points.

Nov 01, 2013 at 01:37 AM
gregfixit
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Canon "Oops!" Shots

Was helping to set up at a work fun-event. Set my camera down for about a minute, and the next day this was on my CF card. No one else was around to take this and I think i would have noticed if I had hit the shutter.
All I can think of is that I may have had it set for a 10 second delay.
Greg

Bavarian rubber ducks.

Nov 01, 2013 at 02:46 AM
beanpkk
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Canon "Oops!" Shots

Thanks Paul and Pixel.

Gregfixit -- for an oops shot done by accident the focus point is sure rock solid on that middle duck. And the middle duck is the only one looking at you....I think someone sneaked in and took the image while you were napping :-). It's fun, anyway!

Keith

Nov 01, 2013 at 04:48 AM
paulfeng
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Canon "Oops!" Shots

Pixel Perfect wrote:
One of my favuorite oops moments was letting my wife hold the camera and lens while I drove home. Got home and when I downloaded the images I noticed a couple of very large files, which turned out to be a 30 minute videos of her feet.

Lucky. My wife won't let me video her feet.

No. Not really. That's not actually my thing. Just joking.

Nov 01, 2013 at 05:15 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Canon "Oops!" Shots

Oops, should have hit the shutter button sooner. Since I was shooting from a blind, I did not see the attacking eagle approaching and just caught his talons and tail feathers leaving on the right. All the eagle on the log could do was to extend its talons and fall backwards into the lake.

Canon EOS-1D Mark II    100.0-400.0 mm lens    300mm    f/5.6    1/1250s    1600 ISO    0.0 EV  

Nov 01, 2013 at 05:37 AM
Jefferson
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Canon "Oops!" Shots

Johannes van Overbeek ... Road Atlanta

Nov 01, 2013 at 04:34 PM
GCasey
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Canon "Oops!" Shots

Years ago a wedding photographer shared some oops! stories -- not photos, but stories, for obvious reasons.

1 Reviewing his photos after the wedding showed that one young woman, lunging for the bridal bouquet, 'popped' out of her dress. She recovered so quickly that no one (but the camera) saw it.

2 Another photo was of the bride kissing enthusiastically under a stairwell -- with someone who was not the groom.

Nov 01, 2013 at 05:07 PM
Shield
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Canon "Oops!" Shots

Pretty much half of my shots are "oops" shots. Meaning oops what the hell am I doing?

Nov 01, 2013 at 05:40 PM
IndyFab
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Canon "Oops!" Shots

Imagemaster wrote:
Oops, should have hit the shutter button sooner. Since I was shooting from a blind, I did not see the attacking eagle approaching and just caught his talons and tail feathers leaving on the right. All the eagle on the log could do was to extend its talons and fall backwards into the lake.

Interestingly enough, it's the same kind of expression us humans have when something like this occurs..Look at the eye.

Nov 01, 2013 at 08:49 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Canon "Oops!" Shots

IndyFab wrote:
Interestingly enough, it's the same kind of expression us humans have when something like this occurs..Look at the eye.

...and the wet butt !

Nov 01, 2013 at 09:12 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password