Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Last One For A While - Promise!

Jeff Higgins

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Last One For A While - Promise!

And thoughts or comments on this one? It's at Crown Point in Oregon

Oct 30, 2013 at 07:21 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Last One For A While - Promise!

Kinda diggin' the formal symmetry with a splash of informal fun, as well as the scale juxtaposition of the building vs. women. Warm on cool, horizontals & verticals @ more goodness.

Only real nit would be maybe a bit more negative space above the building, and maybe lose the bottom step (lighter tonal value draws our eye to the bottom of the frame).

Oct 30, 2013 at 09:05 PM
Jeff Higgins

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Last One For A While - Promise!

Thanks! Unfortunately I had to crop a hair off the top because someone decided to not take a straight picture, had to rotate .3 degrees. I could crop the bottom step easily to bring eyes away from it.

I love that building, except they put a security camera up there that I had to remove! Wasn't there last time!

Oct 30, 2013 at 09:16 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Last One For A While - Promise!

With that even of a sky bg ... Karen should be able to easily extend it to accommodate more negative space, if you were to want more. Again, it's only a nit (i.e. small thing).

Oct 30, 2013 at 09:39 PM
Jeff Higgins

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Last One For A While - Promise!

RustyBug wrote:
With that even of a sky bg ... Karen should be able to easily extend it to accommodate more negative space, if you were to want more. Again, it's only a nit (i.e. small thing).

Do you mean add some sky that I didn't capture, in addition to removing the bottom step?

Oct 30, 2013 at 09:46 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Last One For A While - Promise!

Yes ... but those are very subtle things at how refined you want to balance things. Again, small nit territory, but sometimes just a little change can make a diff (or not).

Oct 30, 2013 at 09:56 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Last One For A While - Promise!

Like this?

Oct 30, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Jeff Higgins

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Last One For A While - Promise!

RustyBug wrote:
Yes ... but those are very subtle things at how refined you want to balance things. Again, small nit territory, but sometimes just a little change can make a diff (or not).

I'm glad I finally have a picture that needs nit pics instead of big adjustments!

AuntiPode wrote:
Like this?

Much better!! I should have thought of that to begin with! Thanks for showing me what it looks like, now I need to figure out how to add sky! I'm sure I can figure it out.

Oct 30, 2013 at 10:13 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Last One For A While - Promise!

There are several ways in photoshop. One is to increase the canvas size with the color set to an appropriate sky sample from the top of the original. Sometimes just expand the canvas and us the clone stamp to fill it in. Sometimes a context aware fill does a fair job with just a bit of clone stamp work.

Oct 30, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Jeff Higgins

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Last One For A While - Promise!

AuntiPode wrote:
There are several ways in photoshop. One is to increase the canvas size with the color set to an appropriate sky sample from the top of the original. Sometimes just expand the canvas and us the clone stamp to fill it in. Sometimes a context aware fill does a fair job with just a bit of clone stamp work.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot!

Oct 30, 2013 at 10:30 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.