New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · hiring models

joshua grasso
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · hiring models

I have some different projects I want to work on. Some are concept testing or practice and I figure I can get friends or trade for print models. I also am interested in getting some decent models for some marketing and would be willing to hire them. Anyone with experience with hiring models?

Oct 29, 2013 at 02:49 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · hiring models

Try this :: http://www.modelmayhem.com/

Oct 29, 2013 at 03:06 PM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · hiring models

Agency models can be really good or total beginners. Depends on your area and agency. Most have somewhat set prices. Best to have all model release sent to agent so when the girl arrives she knows to sign. If not then you have a wasted day. Be sure to look at several images to see if the model has more than one look , expression. Ok for free but if paid you should be getting a model that can do a different move for every shot.

Oct 29, 2013 at 04:19 PM
kensglamour

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · hiring models

Model Mayhem is the best source. You can join for free, create a profile and ask models through their message service if they are interested in working with you. Or you can post a casting call for your area: define what your project is and what type of model you are looking for.

Oct 29, 2013 at 10:37 PM
winman3
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · hiring models

For ModelMayhem I believe you need to open an account as a Photographer.
This involves submitting a certain number of "model" photos you shot in the past.

However, judging from the images some "models" post of themselves, Christmas shots of granny serving turkey will probably do.

Good luck!

Oct 29, 2013 at 11:14 PM
joshua grasso
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · hiring models

However, judging from the images some "models" post of themselves, Christmas shots of granny serving turkey will probably do.

I might have saw that shot on there but I thin k granny was in lingerie lol

Oct 30, 2013 at 07:58 AM
Ed Peters
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · hiring models

If you are near a college, you could also check with their Arts department..

Oct 30, 2013 at 03:09 PM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · hiring models

I've been a member of MM for several years. I would say beware of the "flakes" as they call them on there. These are folks who don't show up and either end up telling a tale of how someone died or you may not hear from them at all. For me it's been mostly a positive experience but I can tell you in most recent years everyone thinks they are a model.....I suppose that's just like everyone think they are a photographer too

Whatever you do, in your plans to prepare for a "model" to show up (from MM) relax and don't expect too much unless their port shows a lot of experience.

Oct 31, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Access
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · hiring models

I've always just worked with my friends for things like this.

Too many people (both photographers and models) have told me of horror stories coming out of sites, and the name model mayhem comes up a lot.

Working with trusted friends is great, esp. because you can do a lot of things (isolated locations, etc.) that you can't do with a stranger you found online.

Nov 01, 2013 at 12:53 PM
ChiShutter
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · hiring models

ModelMayhem is definitely a mixed bag for hiring someone you've never worked with before, but it's a great way to build relationships with models, makeup artists, hair stylists, etc over time. You learn who's reliable and you work with them more and more.

People who flake on you (and people *will* flake on you) don't get a second shot and have thus filtered themselves out. That works fine. But I would never hire someone for a commercial gig, having never met them, through MM. I'd contact agencies and ask for experienced models. Hell, I'd ask to test a few ahead of time and hire one afterwards.

Nov 02, 2013 at 12:05 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.