Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

First Portrait Session, would love feedback

kjcramer
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · First Portrait Session, would love feedback

After lots of reading, I did some photos for a good friend. She is a christian singer and these are for promotional purposes. All shot with a 70D & 50mm 1.4 with (1) flash used mostly off-camera. My biggest struggle was posing her properly. Would love some critiques, good bad or ugly

Anna:

Edited on Oct 29, 2013 at 05:53 PM · View previous versions

Oct 29, 2013 at 05:45 PM
gempixel
• •
p.1 #2 · First Portrait Session, would love feedback

The link is no good?

Oct 29, 2013 at 05:49 PM
kjcramer
• • •
p.1 #3 · First Portrait Session, would love feedback

A few more...

Edited on Oct 29, 2013 at 06:59 PM · View previous versions

Oct 29, 2013 at 05:56 PM
Josh Evilsizor
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · First Portrait Session, would love feedback

I think 3 is your strongest of this set...

she does look uncomfortable in most of the set, but with a little refining I'm sure you've got some keepers in here.

One last thing... take the next to last shot, and toss it right in the trash. lighting like that is NEVER flattering, and should never be used for anything other than creating unflattering pictures of John McCain.

Oct 29, 2013 at 06:40 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · First Portrait Session, would love feedback

Josh Evilsizor wrote:
One last thing... take the next to last shot, and toss it right in the trash. lighting like that is NEVER flattering, and should never be used for anything other than creating unflattering pictures of John McCain.

I started at the bottom of the comments, and I haven't seen a single shot yet, but I'm going to guess it's aportrait lit from below. If it's not, never do that either - but if it is, then that should be reaffirmation as to this comments' validity.

Oct 29, 2013 at 06:49 PM

kjcramer
• • •
p.1 #6 · First Portrait Session, would love feedback

lol, thanks guys. I did not mean to upload that one. We were goofing off at the end and thought it would be perfect lighting for scary Halloween costume photos.

There are some additional edits here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamescramer/sets/72157637034311483/

Oct 29, 2013 at 06:59 PM
loosh
• •
p.1 #7 · First Portrait Session, would love feedback

The lighting is flat on all of them. It works better on #3, because she's not in shadow. I'd suggest getting a reflector to bring some highlights/shadows back onto the subjects face.

Oct 29, 2013 at 07:24 PM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.1 #8 · First Portrait Session, would love feedback

Do I see Red eye in #1 and #2? That off camera flash sure looks way to centered in the eye.

Oct 29, 2013 at 09:23 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · First Portrait Session, would love feedback

loosh wrote:
The lighting is flat on all of them. It works better on #3, because she's not in shadow. I'd suggest getting a reflector to bring some highlights/shadows back onto the subjects face.

Agree. That was my first impression. Put some shadow on her face to give a 3D effect.

Oct 30, 2013 at 07:51 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password