Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Is the apocalypse coming??

alrac
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Is the apocalypse coming??

The Buy and Sell board is cram-full of sellers and hardly any buyers. Is something big coming down? Canon and Nikon are having 90% off sales in November? Earthquake, hurricanes and lightning? Seems like there is usually a good mix and stuff moves fast. But this past week it's all sellers.

Oct 29, 2013 at 02:10 AM
lhryshko
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Is the apocalypse coming??

Apparently.

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/10/24-3

Oct 29, 2013 at 02:35 AM
mitesh
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Is the apocalypse coming??

There have been several notable sales by large, reputable retailers in the last couple of weeks. The sale prices were even better than what could be obtained by buying used gear here. Heck, even I jumped on a Canon refurb 70-200 II for $1599. Can't find a used one here for less than $1900.

Oct 29, 2013 at 02:48 AM
Jefferson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Is the apocalypse coming??

"Is the apocalypse coming??" ...

5Dc and Canon 50 f/1.4 a must ... not sure what the lighting will be ...

Oct 29, 2013 at 02:58 AM
mitesh
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Is the apocalypse coming??

Jefferson wrote:
"Is the apocalypse coming??" ...

5Dc and Canon 50 f/1.4 a must ... not sure what the lighting will be ...

That's bad advice, Jefferson . You should definitely go for a D800 because you know you'll need to pull out some shadow detail in post.

Oct 29, 2013 at 03:06 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Is the apocalypse coming??

lhryshko wrote:
Apparently.

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/10/24-3

Nah. Just send in Homer; he'll set everything right.

EBH

Oct 29, 2013 at 03:50 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Is the apocalypse coming??

EB-1 wrote:
Nah. Just send in Homer...

Oct 29, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Is the apocalypse coming??

I've even resorted to using eBay. So frustrating. Trying to sell my 85 1.8G, both week long auctions had non-paying buyers. 2 weeks wasted.

Oct 29, 2013 at 12:38 PM
alrac
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Is the apocalypse coming??

I'm selling off all my Canon goodies. I don't expect miracles and new prices, but I'm not even getting nibbles. I've sold a few things in the past and they went pretty fast, and the buy and sell board didn't look like a one-way panicky evacuation. Which is why I'm wondering if I missed the zombie attack news

Oct 29, 2013 at 04:53 PM
lowa2
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Is the apocalypse coming??

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to have problems on the B&S boards...

Oct 30, 2013 at 12:32 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Is the apocalypse coming??

When I've sold items on the B&S I've purposely priced them substantially lower than the average price of the same item, same condition as reflected both here and on ShysterBay. Those items have sold fast enough for me, prompting one person here to admonish me in a friendly way "to quit giving stuff away." So... drop your price $100 below its average value and it'll fly off the shelf. I mean, c'mon, much of the gear we sell here is at least second owner, i.e. the Buyer would be the third owner, and that assumes we know accurately the ownership history. Case in point: buddy of mine just sold an item here that was a substantial amount below the average price of a similar condition item and it lasted exactly one hour.

Oct 31, 2013 at 04:34 PM
drive_75
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Is the apocalypse coming??

You might price your item too high. Everything can sell at the right price.

Oct 31, 2013 at 06:55 PM
shmn
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Is the apocalypse coming??

There is no magic or conspiracy or "something coming down". Simple economics. Lower your price and it will sell. Just because you think it's worth a certain amount doesn't mean buyers agree with you. People will pay what it's worth (for the most part). If they aren't paying, you're asking too much given the circumstances (condition, feedback, item photos, description, presentation, etc).

I checked out the price on one item that you are selling and searched for that item. The second one from the search results was a less than your asking price for similar condition. Do some research and price aggressively if you want a quick sale.

Nov 01, 2013 at 12:51 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password