Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Maria II - Autumn Portraits

Chewbacca123

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Maria II - Autumn Portraits

Hey folks!

Yesterday I shot some more portraits of Maria. The images were supposed to have to do with "Autumn". Since it was about to rain and storm heavily we quickly went to grab and pick some leaves from the nearby park and took them back inside. So the shots were actually taken indoors and unfortunately we neither had as many leaves as we had hoped nor the space to do a lot of different posing. The next portraits are supposed to be taken outside again - just hoping the trees wil still have those colorful leaves!

So here we go:

Thank you for viewing!

Chewbacca123

Edited on Oct 28, 2013 at 10:01 PM · View previous versions

Oct 28, 2013 at 07:58 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Maria II - Autumn Portraits

My crit: the last shot seems completely out of place in the series, and feels awkward as can be.

Oct 28, 2013 at 09:12 PM
Cr VI
• •
p.1 #3 · Maria II - Autumn Portraits

I accept and understand the above comment...but as far as the pix go, very fresh looking and well done. Number 1 is especially nice. I also like the tossed leaves idea.

Oct 28, 2013 at 09:25 PM
Charlie K.

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Maria II - Autumn Portraits

Number 4 is my favorite, while number 7 would suit me better with a different crop. In my opinion if you cropped the image around the middle to upper of the breast area it would look a lot less out of place. This is easily visible while scrolling through the images if you use windowed mode and stop around the mentioned area.

Oct 28, 2013 at 09:59 PM

Steve Wylie
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Maria II - Autumn Portraits

Looks like you're getting your flash position and exposure in place. Were these shot in TTL or manual mode? If manual, good job. If TTL, well, the equipment did the work for you. (Hope it's manual. )

Compositionally, the first four are too tight in my opinion. Numbers 1 and 4 are okay, because her head is resting on her hands behind her head, which makes her looked more relaxed and comfortable. Numbers 2 and 3, where her hands are in front of her, on her scarf, make her body position appear to be trying to lean away from you.

Oct 28, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Chewbacca123

p.1 #6 · Maria II - Autumn Portraits

It has all been set manually. I am using 2 Yongnuos 560III.

Oct 28, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Maria II - Autumn Portraits

Nice sharp pics throughout. #1 is my pick.

About #5 & #6 - the tossed leaves shots - the leaves are arranged better in #6. In #5, they interfere somewhat. This comment is not considering the expressions.

Oct 30, 2013 at 08:00 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password