Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

  

Elina
  
 
Fosdinovo
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Elina


Hello, here are some pictures of a very nice model Elina. I made these studio pictures for her portfolio. Comments are welcome, of course. Cheers,

Teemu Salminen

http://fototeemun.galleria.fi/kuvat/Models

1)





2)





3)





4)





5)





6)





7)





8)











Oct 28, 2013 at 07:06 PM
jdevarie
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Elina


excellent images. thank you for sharing. I prefer 5,6,7 and 8 but all are terrific. my only nitpick would be in 6 where the treatment to her face seems different.


Oct 29, 2013 at 01:31 AM
Fosdinovo
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Elina


jdevarie wrote:
excellent images. thank you for sharing. I prefer 5,6,7 and 8 but all are terrific. my only nitpick would be in 6 where the treatment to her face seems different.


Jdevarie, thank you for commenting my images!

Teemu Salminen

http://fototeemun.galleria.fi/kuvat/Models/



Oct 29, 2013 at 05:49 AM
JasperR
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Elina


These are all, "so close to being there".
Each image, save number 4, have a few little details or posing that greatly detract from a superior image.

#1 It's the hair
#2 It's the bloodied lip
#3 It's the hair again, the out of place nail polish, and the fake looking flowers
#4 Is a great idea. The only nit is her squinted eye looks a bit funny. I really like the pose and expression and feeling of this shot
#5 Would have looked 100x's better without the gum and with a fierce expression.
#6 The expression and the pose don't mix at all. It looks like you caught her expression right before she slipped and fell over.
#7 Would be ok on it's own, but mixed in with this set it leaves you thinking, "Did he mistakenly put this photo in this set?"
#8 Would have worked better as a Triptych instead of having the different poses all in the same frame.

The processing and lighting is good on all of these, just needs that little attention to detail to take it over the top.



Oct 29, 2013 at 03:29 PM
dmacmillan
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Elina


These are fun! Nits have been covered already. I like the attitude in #4. She's very versatile, can come up with a number of looks, which you capture well.


Oct 29, 2013 at 03:34 PM
Fosdinovo
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Elina


JasperR wrote:
These are all, "so close to being there".
Each image, save number 4, have a few little details or posing that greatly detract from a superior image.

#1 It's the hair
#2 It's the bloodied lip
#3 It's the hair again, the out of place nail polish, and the fake looking flowers
#4 Is a great idea. The only nit is her squinted eye looks a bit funny. I really like the pose and expression and feeling of this shot
#5 Would have looked 100x's better without the gum and with a fierce expression.
#6 The expression and the pose don't mix at all. It looks like
...Show more

JasperR, thank you very much for your detailed comments, you made my day. I had just noticed that there were about 600 views, but only one comment before you, which I found pretty odd.
Just a few comments to your comments:
- these pictures were made as a TFP shooting and we had a MUA in making the pics 1-6, but not in # 7-8.

- in the first one I used a small wind machine and I forced myself not to retouch the hair in post processing, because Iīm often critizized about being too careful removing hair strays and other details

- number 2 I can agree with you now about the MUA`s idea of the "bloodied lip"

- Number 3: you are right about the messy hair (I struggled with it all the time).
- the roses are real and the bunch was made by a florist and cost a lot
- Iīm not sure what you mean by "out of place nail polish". Ok, if you mean the style of it,
but maybe because the web-file is so small, you canīt see the carefully done "nail-art" (sorry about my English)
This was the modelīs favorite frame though and made a large framed print of it to her.

- your suggestion to number 5 is good

- number 6: itīs interesting to learn that you see it that way, the pose was done very carefully, but maybe we failed in this.

- number 7 is of course different than the rest of the pics. I just put it here to show another look of Elina.

Thank you once again JasperR!

Teemu Salminen

http://fototeemun.galleria.fi/kuvat/Models/



Oct 29, 2013 at 05:15 PM
Fosdinovo
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Elina


dmacmillan wrote:
These are fun! Nits have been covered already. I like the attitude in #4. She's very versatile, can come up with a number of looks, which you capture well.


Dmacmillan, thank you for the comment. Yes, the model is versatile and nice to work with. For example, with some models itīs hard to get different kinds of expressions out of them, but not in this case. Cheers,

Teemu Salminen

http://fototeemun.galleria.fi/kuvat/Models/



Oct 30, 2013 at 02:41 AM
 



Jim Rickards
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · Elina


Enjoyed this set and found it one of the better ones we see here. The lighting is a strong point, but everything comes across as professional.

A few nits, some already mentioned.

- the hair in #1 seems at odds with the formal look of her makeup and the roses. I can see how she would want a flyaway hair shot in her portfolio, however.

- don't put the same roses in too many pictures of her portfolio (advice more for her than you)



Oct 30, 2013 at 07:32 AM
Fosdinovo
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · Elina


Jim Rickards wrote:
Enjoyed this set and found it one of the better ones we see here. The lighting is a strong point, but everything comes across as professional.

A few nits, some already mentioned.

- the hair in #1 seems at odds with the formal look of her makeup and the roses. I can see how she would want a flyaway hair shot in her portfolio, however.

- don't put the same roses in too many pictures of her portfolio (advice more for her than you)


JIm, thank you for your comments and tips.

Nothing to do with your comments or anyone elseīs personally, but it would be interesting to be able to read the each commentatorīs opinion so that the person wouldnīt have seen other peoplen comments about the images. In other words to hear oneīs own honest opinion of the images without the inluence of others. After somebody has pointed out some detail of a picture (a fault in his/her opinion), which I didnīt notice or it didnīt bother me, I canīt look at the image again without thinking about the remark of someone else. That starts to bug me : ) Iīm not sure if you understand my point or lousy English here Cheers,

Teemu Salminen

http://fototeemun.galleria.fi/kuvat/Models/



Oct 30, 2013 at 04:03 PM
Jim Rickards
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · Elina


Fosdinovo wrote:
JIm, thank you for your comments and tips.

Nothing to do with your comments or anyone elseīs personally, but it would be interesting to be able to read the each commentatorīs opinion so that the person wouldnīt have seen other peoplen comments about the images. In other words to hear oneīs own honest opinion of the images without the inluence of others. After somebody has pointed out some detail of a picture (a fault in his/her opinion), which I didnīt notice or it didnīt bother me, I canīt look at the image again without thinking about the remark of someone else.
...Show more
It's a very good point. I see people "echoing" what previous posters have said. I try to avoid that by not looking at other replies before I form my own opinion. But then natural curiosity sometimes has me peeking at the other replies before I click the button.

And your English is fine. You are writing like a native North American English person. A few typos here and there - same as everybody else.



Oct 31, 2013 at 05:42 AM
CW100
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · Elina


colorful set!


Nov 03, 2013 at 01:58 PM
Fosdinovo
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · Elina


CW100 wrote:
colorful set!


CW100,

thanks for the comment!

Teemu Salminen

http://fototeemun.galleria.fi/kuvat/Models/



Nov 03, 2013 at 06:46 PM
Lee Saxon
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · Elina


Nice lighting work, good set. #1 is too 'senior portrait' for my taste, but it does work.


Nov 04, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Fosdinovo
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · Elina


Lee Saxon wrote:
Nice lighting work, good set. #1 is too 'senior portrait' for my taste, but it does work.


Lee, thank you for the comment!

Teemu Salminen

http://fototeemun.galleria.fi/kuvat/Models/



Nov 04, 2013 at 05:44 AM





FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password