Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Please recommend an affordable tripod head for tilt and shift lenses

FuFuFotto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Please recommend an affordable tripod head for tilt and shift lenses

Manfrotto 405 or 410 seems to be a good choice. But I would like to know other similar alternatives in the market. I need the speed and accuracy when I try to level the lens on a tripod. Thanks.

Oct 28, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Please recommend an affordable tripod head for tilt and shift lenses

Both of the models you mention are going to be fine. I have the 405 and find it to be a bit of overkill for shooting with Canon tilt-shift lenses. The 410 is a bit smaller and lighter weight and would probably do you just fine.

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:54 PM
FuFuFotto

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Please recommend an affordable tripod head for tilt and shift lenses

Would the 405 be more stable on the tripod due to its size and weight?

Oct 28, 2013 at 01:03 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Please recommend an affordable tripod head for tilt and shift lenses

I use the 410 for Canon 1D-series and 6D cameras, with TS-E 17/4L, 24/3.5L II, and Mamiya 645 lenses from 35mm to 150mm, on a Mirex T-S adapter. It's rock solid.

In the "old days" I used the 410 with a Shen Hao 4x5 camera, and that was rock solid, too.

A couple of years ago, I replaced the Manfrotto RC4 QR clamp base with a Hejnar Arca-Swiss replacement clamp kit, and now it's even better. For example, see eBay item 330743578005.

For more info on the 410, see https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1228840

Oct 28, 2013 at 02:10 PM
FuFuFotto

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Please recommend an affordable tripod head for tilt and shift lenses

I read about the Hejnar clamp. Thanks for the link. Save me a lot of time to try to find the correct one. I sure enough now will go with the 410.

Oct 28, 2013 at 02:17 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.