New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · D600: Pop-up flash and top LCD light not working post service

rudyr
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D600: Pop-up flash and top LCD light not working post service

Maybe I'm missing something really obvious, but the button to release the pop-up flash is not raising it. A second curiosity is that when I move the on-off button to try and activate the top LCD panel it doesn't.

I'm wondering if this is somehow related to:

- Using my SB700? When mounted, that flash works and the button to activate the LCD panel light activates the LCD on the flash (but still not on the camera body)

- My recent service from Nikon? I just had it cleaned / shutter replaced, is it possible there is a setting I'm unaware of that they might have changed which results in this?

Thanks in advance!

Oct 27, 2013 at 02:58 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D600: Pop-up flash and top LCD light not working post service

have you gone into the settings and did a full reset? It's weird though because the flash should come up no matter what. Even if the camera is off.

Oct 27, 2013 at 03:41 PM
Alan321
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D600: Pop-up flash and top LCD light not working post service

Is there a setting that disables the built-in flash ? Maybe it can't be raised if it has been disabled.

Or maybe the camera needs to be put into a different operating mode, such as A or P or M instead of some of the scene modes which may disallow flash operation.

- Alan

Oct 29, 2013 at 11:08 AM
rudyr
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D600: Pop-up flash and top LCD light not working post service

I've tried it all. I think Nikon service messed something up when they replaced the shutter mechanism. They sent me a pre-paid postage, so back it goes!

Oct 29, 2013 at 07:43 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.