New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Your Monitor Setup

Michael White
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Your Monitor Setup

I have a nice multi monitor setup. It consists of 3x Acer 24" monitors , I triple monitor bracket the clamps to the desktop to elevate the monitors to the correct height. A video card that allows all three monitors to display to all three as a single display meaning no setting up multi monitor stuff in you pass it gives you a real wide screen I forgot the actual size. Or I can disable that in the video driver and get three sepeorate displays. Iird it will allow you to connect up to 3or4 video cards in sl? And use three monitors per cards want a 2x3 array of monitors all working as on display requires Two Vedic cards a six monitors and a 3x3 array would require 3 video cards, nine monitors for on huge display.

In ps I can section the desktop off and have the full size screens open without having to reduce the size of any. Tool palett on one monitor with the pallet history vet as you would on a single monitor one take the overall view/loupe / whatever it's called on a mother monitor and then put the workspace on the last you have access to your tools, actions everything on one monitor, then you have a full size workspace where you can edit your image while veiwing it over the see how this and that chance might look on the over image.

Think how nice it is to have everything at full size and at the same time just jumping from here to there to select a tool or add a new layer but when you go to your workspace it's the full screen sixe for you editing needs and you can display a full sixe example of what your image looks like want to tweak the eyes zoom in on the eyes on workspace version tweak them shift you view to the full size image to see the results compared to the rest if the image.

In LR I've not actually setup yet but if everything goes as plan put the grid or develop mobs on monitor one have loupe view on monitor two on monitor three you can have an active 2nd monitor view so what ever image you select in the dev mod on monitor one your working copy image on monitor and monitor three shows an active image of it as you tweak this or that zoomed in for detail work or showing a full size before and after side by side.

The right gear and things are great. Add in a Wacom Cintig working off another video card and you really have it made if not that lucky the regular Wacom tablets work also.

That the desktop setup mt laptop setup is a hp 17" laptop a hp 23" wide monitor and a Wacom Cintig 13HD for that direct editing feel. LR on laptop I'm mod views, image edit area on Cintig and full size active view on LCD monitor. Traveling leave the hp monitor at home and set the laptop up on the tray put the cintiq in your lap and edit away as long as you can power everything on location.

Oct 29, 2013 at 03:48 AM
Going Baroque

p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Your Monitor Setup

Is this going to be like FM's version of Reddit's Battlestations?

My main monitor is a 24", and I have a 17" on each side. I prefer more monitors rather than big monitors because of the way I work. I also prefer the more square formats (my 24" is 16:10, and the 17" monitors are 5:4), so even if I wanted a bigger screen, I don't think I could deal with the newer 16:9 formats.

Nov 03, 2013 at 12:46 AM
rico
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Your Monitor Setup

Attractive 16:9 pricing is driven by the TV market, but other formats are available - you just have to pay more. A cool example is the Eizo Raptor SQ2804: 28"×28" LCD, 2048×2048 pixel resolution. Here is the display you've been saving that kidney for!

Ref: http://www.eizo.com/global/products/atc/sq2804/

Nov 03, 2013 at 01:58 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Your Monitor Setup

Although the screen will look nice, that design is circa 1983.

Nov 03, 2013 at 02:04 AM
rico
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Your Monitor Setup

You might even call it square!

Nov 03, 2013 at 02:39 AM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.