Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · 7D outresolving my Tam 28-75, Should I get a 6D?

dhphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 7D outresolving my Tam 28-75, Should I get a 6D?

JohnJ80 wrote:
I'd bet that the lens and the camera are fine but just not calibrated to each other. I don't recall if the 7D has micro adjust capability (thought it did) but I've done that on my 1dmk3 and it's made a huge difference. It's not hard to do. Otherwise, send the lens in for calibration if that is the only one that's out of whack of your lenses.

J.

+1

My Tam 28-75 is my holiday lens on my 6D, but the Tam needs +10 of microadjustment at both wide and tele, now it's adjusted it's brilliant

Oct 30, 2013 at 03:47 AM
rolette
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 7D outresolving my Tam 28-75, Should I get a 6D?

JohnJ80 wrote:
I'd bet that the lens and the camera are fine but just not calibrated to each other. I don't recall if the 7D has micro adjust capability (thought it did) but I've done that on my 1dmk3 and it's made a huge difference. It's not hard to do. Otherwise, send the lens in for calibration if that is the only one that's out of whack of your lenses.

J.

Bingo

Oct 30, 2013 at 07:28 AM
Claude
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · 7D outresolving my Tam 28-75, Should I get a 6D?

According to DXOMark the 7D resolves 9MP, the 6D 15MP.

http://www.dxomark.com/Lenses/Camera-Lens-Database/Tamron/SP-AF28-75mm-f-2.8-XR-Di-LD-Aspherical-IF-Canon/(camera)/619/(cameraname)/Canon-EOS-7D

Claude

Oct 30, 2013 at 08:15 AM
Rytr
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · 7D outresolving my Tam 28-75, Should I get a 6D?

You stated you have tried micro adjustment. I never attempted to micro adjust my 7D although IIRC it has the capability.

Oct 30, 2013 at 08:16 AM
wlderdude
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · 7D outresolving my Tam 28-75, Should I get a 6D?

Can't pull off the 6D right now so I just ordered an EOS-M. It comes with a new pair of lenses. We'll see how it goes.

Nov 02, 2013 at 09:15 PM
jchin
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · 7D outresolving my Tam 28-75, Should I get a 6D?

You may want to micro-AF-adjust all your lenses to your 7D. I too the time and did the "dot-Tune method" (search the forums here on FM) with my lenses and each of my camera bodies. Time spent was worth it!

Nov 03, 2013 at 06:12 PM
JohnJ80
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · 7D outresolving my Tam 28-75, Should I get a 6D?

It's really easy. Just set up Lightroom to your camera tethered, focus on a lens test pattern that is straight level with the camera, and start playing with the control in the menu. You can have 10 lenses done in an hour.

J.

Nov 03, 2013 at 08:54 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.