New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Puppy (Cuteness Warning)

Oregon Gal
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Puppy (Cuteness Warning)

Just a shot of my pup relaxing in my lap. Flying by the seat of my pants focus wise as I couldn't see the back of the camera, tried to guess by looking where the lens was pointing

Oct 25, 2013 at 05:58 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Puppy (Cuteness Warning)

Wonderfully focused and coupled with softness and richness. I see why you enjoy the x100.

Well done.

JPG or RAF?

Bob

Oct 26, 2013 at 06:56 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Puppy (Cuteness Warning)

Pretty good guess, I'd say.

Oct 26, 2013 at 08:11 AM
Oregon Gal
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Puppy (Cuteness Warning)

This is the jpeg version set camera to (Monochrome YE), didn't need to do much to it other than increase contrast, add vignette and add some additional sharpness with a very high masking level (usually in the 90's for my Canon and in the Fuji jpeg's used 84) in LR5. This technique should work the same in LR4, MOVE SHARPNESS SLIDER OFF 0 FIRST, if you hold down the option key while adjusting the masking slider (on a Mac, corresponding key on a PC) and it will show you a completely white or B/W mask, depends on where the sharpness slider is set to, and as you move the masking slider the areas shown in white is where the sharpening will be applied, black areas will not receive any sharpening. I always shoot jpeg / raf with that camera. One day I will upgrade to a model where I can change lenses

I am happy with the result Kent, this shot captures his essence, at least for me. I can't hold my Canon with one arm turned sideway and press the shutter button

Oct 26, 2013 at 09:07 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.