New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Canon Refurbs Restocked

ggreene
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon Refurbs Restocked

Looks like the Canon refurb page has been restocked with almost all the lenses they usually have. No 300/2.8 IS II though.

http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/lenses-flashes/subCategorySort_10051_10051_-1_244768_highPrice_list

Oct 25, 2013 at 02:13 PM
sirimiri
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon Refurbs Restocked

Some of these offerings, I don't know if I'd elect to save 10% on a lens, to get a refurbished one?

Oct 25, 2013 at 03:54 PM
johnctharp
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon Refurbs Restocked

sirimiri wrote:
Some of these offerings, I don't know if I'd elect to save 10% on a lens, to get a refurbished one?

Got to wait for stock during refurbished sales. These prices are higher than what I've paid for several of these lenses new, and match others .

Oct 25, 2013 at 04:32 PM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon Refurbs Restocked

sirimiri wrote:

And, its possible to buy a new one for less with the flash sales that are happening.

Oct 25, 2013 at 08:17 PM
campy
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon Refurbs Restocked

Did anyone notice that the 35mmIS for $255.99? I took a chance and ordered it after I did a live chat confirming that it is the IS model and the price is $255.99 and he assured me that the lens in my cart is the IS model after checking the SKU. I am expecting to get the non IS model and will have to call and argue and probably send it back but I figure it's worth the gamble and a little inconvenience. I printed my chat session with the Canon rep just in case.

Oct 26, 2013 at 02:09 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon Refurbs Restocked

johnctharp wrote:
These prices are higher than what I've paid for several of these lenses new, and match others .

I have never been tempted by Canon refurbs - they are simply too expensive. I can buy whatever lens or body new off the shelf locally for less than Canon's pricing.

My point is, I wish they'd sharpen their pencil.

Oct 26, 2013 at 02:15 AM
saidurrob

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon Refurbs Restocked

The 20% off sometimes is tempting but bought only one from them.

Oct 26, 2013 at 02:32 AM
popinvasion
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon Refurbs Restocked

campy wrote:
Did anyone notice that the 35mmIS for $255.99? I took a chance and ordered it after I did a live chat confirming that it is the IS model and the price is $255.99 and he assured me that the lens in my cart is the IS model after checking the SKU. I am expecting to get the non IS model and will have to call and argue and probably send it back but I figure it's worth the gamble and a little inconvenience. I printed my chat session with the Canon rep just in case.

Unfortunately Canon is wrong. The details on that $255.99 is 100% correct, except for the added IS. The IS model has 67mm filter size. Your going to get the regular 35/2.

Oct 26, 2013 at 02:36 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.