Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · How long for NPS decision?

PeteT
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How long for NPS decision?

I submitted my NPS application on Monday of last week. I believe I gave them everything they needed... a long list of gear on both primary and secondary lists, pdfs of cut sheets, PPA membership number, and my sponsor was amazing and certified immediately...

So now I'm waiting anxiously. How long should it take? Would they let you know if there was something up or missing? Or is 2 weeks just par for the course?

And of course, my brother-in-law who works for Cannon marketing loves to remind me that CPS wouldn't make me wait... Thanks.... Maybe I should have him give me a pair of 1Dx's and a load of glass, huh?

Oct 25, 2013 at 09:15 AM
markdennis
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How long for NPS decision?

Well, over here in the UK things are a little quicker. I applied on the 18th of this month and had an email confirming membership on the 23rd. Obviously Nikon USA would have more applications to go through. It would appear that you guys in the US seem to have to jump through hoops to get accepted.

Good luck. I'm sure they will be in touch soon.

Mark

Oct 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Bastian Bleu
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How long for NPS decision?

NPS can be crazy to be honest. At times they are on top of things are will respond right away and at other times they will not respond at all and when they do they will refer to you as someone else. I think it was around 10 days after I got my sponsor that they sent me out my welcome kit. Enjoy your USB drive!

Oct 25, 2013 at 11:16 AM
leewoolery
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How long for NPS decision?

PeteT wrote:
I submitted my NPS application on Monday of last week. I believe I gave them everything they needed... a long list of gear on both primary and secondary lists, pdfs of cut sheets, PPA membership number, and my sponsor was amazing and certified immediately...

So now I'm waiting anxiously. How long should it take? Would they let you know if there was something up or missing? Or is 2 weeks just par for the course?

And of course, my brother-in-law who works for Cannon marketing loves to remind me that CPS wouldn't make me wait... Thanks.... Maybe I should have him
...Show more

Pete:

I got mine the next day.

I do know you have to be a full-time working professional photographer to qualify and they do check that out pretty thoroughly.

I belong to both NPS and CPS and they do take care of their members whenever possible but the guidelines for membership are pretty strict.

Good luck,

Lee Woolery
Speedshot

Oct 25, 2013 at 01:05 PM
PeteT
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How long for NPS decision?

Wow - Just spoke to someone at Nikon - They are taking upwards of 4-6 weeks now to review applications and expect longer times now due to the shows they are participating in.... Guess I better find something to keep me busy as I try to be patient for another month or so...

Oct 25, 2013 at 03:47 PM
ohsnaphappy
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How long for NPS decision?

I wonder if the wait is due to an influx of pros switching to Nikon. I know so many that have left Canon since the D800 was launched, myself included. But yeah, I was accepted the next day, but I applied shortly after the D800 came out.

Oct 26, 2013 at 01:22 AM
PeteT
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · How long for NPS decision?

ohsnaphappy wrote:
I wonder if the wait is due to an influx of pros switching to Nikon. I know so many that have left Canon since the D800 was launched, myself included. But yeah, I was accepted the next day, but I applied shortly after the D800 came out.

D800 is a fantastic camera, but its mainly for ultra detail shooting needs like you'd see in studio work or weddings. From what I see around here most of the wedding shooters didn't even know about NPS. Only ones who do are the editorial guys who are shooting D4s and D3s for the low light sensitivity.

Then again Nikon doesn't promote NPS like Canon promotes CPS - wonder why?

Oct 28, 2013 at 09:25 AM
Bastian Bleu
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · How long for NPS decision?

It's a secret club...The more you speak of it the longer your potential acceptance will take...

Rule #1 of NPS: We do not talk about NPS..

Oct 28, 2013 at 04:08 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.