Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

BorrowLenses.com sells out...

ChrisCoy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · BorrowLenses.com sells out...

....to Shutterfly.

Shutterfly Acquires BorrowLenses - MarketWatch
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/shutterfly-acquires-borrowlenses-2013-10-24?reflink=MW_news_stmp

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Oct 24, 2013 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Shutterfly, Inc. SFLY +0.18% , the leading manufacturer and digital retailer of high-quality personalized products and services, announced today that it has acquired BorrowLenses, the premier online marketplace for photographic and video equipment rentals. BorrowLenses's Founders, Max Shevyakov and Mark Gurevich, will join Shutterfly Inc.

I'm happy for BL because I'm sure their payroll just went up, but I have to say, money isn't everything but reputation is.

I personally will never deal with Shutterfly, and since they now own BL, I will never do business with them again either.

Companies like Shutterfly are whats killing the photography industry.

Oct 25, 2013 at 12:02 AM
BenV
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · BorrowLenses.com sells out...

Reputation doesn't pay any bills. I have a great reputation with some local companies, but my home loan bank doesn't care.

I'm sure he enjoyed that adventure,but I'm sure it made more sense to sell it off.

ChrisCoy wrote:
....to Shutterfly.

Shutterfly Acquires BorrowLenses - MarketWatch
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/shutterfly-acquires-borrowlenses-2013-10-24?reflink=MW_news_stmp

I'm happy for BL because I'm sure their payroll just went up, but I have to say, money isn't everything but reputation is.

I personally will never deal with Shutterfly, and since they now own BL, I will never do business with them again either.

Companies like Shutterfly are whats killing the photography industry.

Oct 25, 2013 at 12:01 PM
MaxBL
• • •
p.1 #3 · BorrowLenses.com sells out...

Mark here. I am one of the founders of BL.

Please rest assured that nothing is changing. We are business as usual with the same commitment to quality and customer service. All orders will continue to go out, shipped by the same dedicated staff. All customer calls will be answered by the same knowledgeable and friendly staff. I sincerely hope that you give us a chance under the new umbrella. You will NOT be disappointed.

--Mark.

Oct 25, 2013 at 02:19 PM
ChrisCoy
• •
p.1 #4 · BorrowLenses.com sells out...

But I already am disappointed. I refuse to support companies like Shutterfly.

Oct 25, 2013 at 05:54 PM
Guari
• • •
p.1 #5 · BorrowLenses.com sells out...

ChrisCoy wrote:
But I already am disappointed. I refuse to support companies like Shutterfly.

What does shutterfly do that's so bad? (honest question, I don't know them)

Oct 25, 2013 at 06:10 PM
ChrisCoy
• •
p.1 #6 · BorrowLenses.com sells out...

They undercut pro photographers.

Oct 25, 2013 at 07:16 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #7 · BorrowLenses.com sells out...

This thread is not about Borrowlenses but a vehicle for you to complain about Shutterfly. Why not just title it "rant against Shutterfly"?

Oct 25, 2013 at 07:25 PM
ChrisCoy
• •
p.1 #8 · BorrowLenses.com sells out...

Well, if the shoe fits.

Oct 25, 2013 at 07:26 PM
mmorey79
• •
p.1 #9 · BorrowLenses.com sells out...

I still don't understand this thread. What does Shutterfly have to do with pro photographers other than printing things for them potentially? Are you sure you arent mistaking them for Shutterstock?

Nov 08, 2013 at 03:36 AM
cputeq
• • • •
p.1 #10 · BorrowLenses.com sells out...

mmorey79 wrote:
I still don't understand this thread. What does Shutterfly have to do with pro photographers other than printing things for them potentially? Are you sure you arent mistaking them for Shutterstock?

I'll actually echo this confusion -- How does Shutterfly, an online printer, undercut pro photographers? Or do they have services I'm not aware of?

I've used their photo books printing several times - not the best of quality, but fast and cheap...good 'nuff for me!

Nov 11, 2013 at 07:42 PM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.1 #11 · BorrowLenses.com sells out...

I think the OP may have meant Shutterstock and he should delete this thread and we'll all forget about his folly.

Nov 12, 2013 at 01:23 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password