Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · PW, remote camera, and strobing... enlighten me please:)

Chad Bassman
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · PW, remote camera, and strobing... enlighten me please:)

Hello - well it's taken me awhile to figure out the Pocket Wizards... I've got 3 PW-2's, a tt-1 and a tt-5 I believe they're called. I understand how to use them to trigger a remote camera or a wireless strobe but when I try to combine the two my remote camera isn't firing quickly enough to catch the strobe lighting.

Is there a way to get both the camera I'm holding and transceiving from to capture the strobe light as well as the remote camera? One example that I see quite often is where there's a backboard camera setup at a basketball game and the photographer is using strobe lights.

Any help would be appreciated and if this belongs in the Sports Forum I'll repost there but figured it might be applicable to other folks besides just sports shooters.

Thanks,
Chad

Oct 24, 2013 at 10:20 AM
kosin
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · PW, remote camera, and strobing... enlighten me please:)

Most likely you need to set a different channel for a flash trigger.
I just watched this video on PocketWizard's website explaining this issue: http://www.pocketwizard.com/inspirations/tutorials/remote_camera_trigger/ scroll <- to 25:50 minute mark!

Dec 01, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Chad Bassman
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · PW, remote camera, and strobing... enlighten me please:)

Thanks Kosin I'll check it out.

Dec 01, 2013 at 12:20 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.