FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · 13x19 or larger Canon Printer Questions

Dragonfire
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 13x19 or larger Canon Printer Questions

CalW wrote:
Not bad, except for all the ink I'm now committed to buy over the next few years.

www.rjettek.com

Oct 28, 2013 at 03:11 PM
gse53
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 13x19 or larger Canon Printer Questions

rjettek does not supply cli-42 OCP ink yet. I have been checking. You can probably use the cli-8 ink for pro9000, except for the gray and light gray. I am not taking that chance though.

Oct 28, 2013 at 03:34 PM
CalW
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · 13x19 or larger Canon Printer Questions

I've read the instructions for refilling cartridges. No way do I have the time or patience for that. If I can spare time from making prints and cards, matting and framing, scheduling shows and preparing for them, promoting my work and socializing with customers and potential customers, I want to spend it getting out and taking new photographs, not playing lab technician. Different strokes for different folks!

Oct 28, 2013 at 06:00 PM
rdcny
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · 13x19 or larger Canon Printer Questions

Precision Colors has the ink...USA company. Check the different threads at DP Review (there are several) in the printer section...you will find much info about bulk inks and a chip re-setter.

Oct 28, 2013 at 06:57 PM
Dragonfire
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · 13x19 or larger Canon Printer Questions

Cal

Don't believe everything you read. After you prepare the cartridges the first time, all subsequent refills take 2 minutes, if you have a system.

My second set of cartridges enables me to print non-stop and replace when the message appears.

My wife chooses what will be hung and my framer finishes the job.

Oct 28, 2013 at 06:59 PM
CalW
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · 13x19 or larger Canon Printer Questions

OK, I'll try not to discount the possibility entirely. Must admit I get extra cranky from foliage season through new years day, when there are art and craft shows big and small somewhere every weekend, plus commissioned galleries, wholesale to shops and direct sales to long-standing customers all happening at once. Generally three quarters of my annual sales are in the last third of the year. Too busy, but most of the time its actually fun too. The printing part is just a task that needs to get done as quickly and as painlessly as possible. I probably won't do much playing/learning with the new Pro 100 until early January, unless forced by the possible demise of the old Pro 9000.

Oct 28, 2013 at 09:11 PM
CalW
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · 13x19 or larger Canon Printer Questions

My Pro-100 came today and I have spent way too much time working with it. I think I have a pretty good feeling now for how to match the colors I was getting from the Pro-9000 on the papers I use, and manual feed certainly is easier to use, as has been said. But I was hoping that I could print on the 14x24 inch sheets I have cut from roll paper and "pressed" flat. Unfortunately I find that I can only print on 14x23 inch paper - just like the Pro-9000. The extra inch would have made 12x22 inch prints with more appropriate end border width. What I find (printing from Photoshop) is that I can set custom sizes up to 14x26, just as folks have said above, however the driver does not allow printing to start unless the length is set to 23 inches or less. And in fact the manual says, in section: Loading Paper / Media Types You Can Use / Non Standard Sizes / Manual Feed Tray / "Maximum Size = 14 x 23." So I have a new printer that certainly works well and appears to be well made, and my cash outlay was only $30.04, but that added paper handling capability I was looking for just isn't there. If anyone can point out something I'm missing, I'd sure appreciate...

Oct 31, 2013 at 10:30 PM
gse53
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · 13x19 or larger Canon Printer Questions

The dedicated B&W inks are useful. Had to learn NOT to select "B&W print" in the driver if printing a converted file. That feature is for converting a color print to B&W using the driver, which works quite well. Printing a B&W file with "B&W print" selected produced a color cast. I wasted a lot of ink and paper until I found this out.

Now that you have your printer, I just want to re-iterate what I said on a previous post. The B&W is backwards in the driver. Just check it if you are printing a color file as B&W, or you are going to waste a lot of time and money. I found the Pro Platinum gives me the most neutral B&W prints. Have fun.

BTW, I am going to try and print a 24" print using Qimage (my printing program of choice) to see if it will do it. I will let you know. I have a 13" roll of Ilford Galerie Smooth Pearl.

Nov 01, 2013 at 12:29 PM
CalW
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · 13x19 or larger Canon Printer Questions

Yes, with 13 inch width it claims to print up to 26 inches long in the back (really the top!) feeder. But not with 14 inch width, although that width is allowed in manual feed on the back. Bummer.

Nov 01, 2013 at 04:46 PM
       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.