Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · Experience With Mavericks?

Sal Baker
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Experience With Mavericks?

pr4photos wrote:
Not sure if this is down to Mavericks or not, but I am getting black squares appear on my Photoshop images. They appear or disappear depending on zoom levels. They are big squares, and I can zoom one click and they disappear or appear, usually at about the 60% zooming level. I can save the image and bring it back in and it won't be there, so is Photoshop playing up? I've tried switching the GPU off and on in Photoshop but to no avail

I see the exact same thing occasionally in PS CS6. Sometimes the squares are white and like you say they only appear at certain magnifications. I haven't upgraded yet from Mountain Lion so it's not a Mavericks problem.

Sal

Nov 06, 2013 at 05:01 PM
Brendan ONeill
• •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Experience With Mavericks?

I saw a quick mention of this in the thread about issues with Western Digital Drives via CR. Here is another link at Apple:
https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-6202

Nov 11, 2013 at 08:10 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Experience With Mavericks?

Sal Baker wrote:
I see the exact same thing occasionally in PS CS6. Sometimes the squares are white and like you say they only appear at certain magnifications. I haven't upgraded yet from Mountain Lion so it's not a Mavericks problem.

Sal

might be a graphics card driver problem

weird grid patterns appear in nik software and in MPC for Windows if you use special add-ons and use a lot of taps for certain filters and you use a particular graphics card with a buggy driver

then again i suppose that wouldn't explain why it happens even with GPU support off (although who knows maybe it still uses some rendering routine that hits the faulty shader issues)

Nov 15, 2013 at 05:04 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.