Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · PW Flex, or Phottix Odin?

cordellwillis
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · PW Flex, or Phottix Odin?

I'm a PW Flex and Mini set owner and I really like them. The biggest difference I see with these 2 (Phottix and PW) systems is that with this particular Phottix system you can never have a flash on camera...for whatever reason you might want to in the future. With the Flex and Mini you can have a flash on camera if ever needed. With a Master type flash you can still control the off camera flashes. Other than this these 2 systems are pretty equal. Though I know the PW system can control other flashes, but I don't know if the Odins can or not.

Nov 05, 2013 at 09:54 AM
Waki
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · PW Flex, or Phottix Odin?

The Odin system looks good. But I have stayed with my PW Mini/Flex due to them being compatible with many studio flash units like Elinchrom and PCB Einsteins....you can use the AC3 to set power levels on those units. I lalso have a Profoto Acute system with built in pocket wizard support. Phottix makes some good stuff, no question but it's all speed lite based and I'm not. I can use my PW system with both and often do, not to mention Using the Flex units as remote camera triggers and as dumb triggers with any flash too. They are just much more useable than the phottix units.

Nov 10, 2013 at 06:14 PM
ChrisCoy
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · PW Flex, or Phottix Odin?

I ended up keeping the Odin system, and selling my two PW systems. So far I am highly impressed with the Odin system. I gave up the ability for a fill flash on camera, but I typically only use that in dark wedding receptions anyway.

Unfortunately the Odin system doesn't trigger my SB700's from the F100 film camera, even if everything is in manual mode. I was hoping that I could put it in manual and send a simple trigger signal but it doesnt' work, just as the PW's didnt.

Nov 12, 2013 at 05:27 AM
dougfatheruk
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · PW Flex, or Phottix Odin?

I've just invested in a PW system for Nikon and i really like it, very consistent exposure compared to lesser brands I've used previous.

TT1, 2 x TT5, AC3

I also have the 10 pin power cable so the TT1 draws off of my D3, nice!

I really like the AC3, the ability to turn a knob instead of having to navigate a menu is excellent, the only drawback is trying to see it in the dark can be a PIA.

Nov 28, 2013 at 08:59 AM
       end

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.