Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Friendship

Camperjim
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Friendship

I don't take portraits of people and certainly not ugly bugs. Bees aren't my favorites either since I am allergic. I have been hospitalized three times due to stings and the last time I had to use my Epipen. That was like being hit in the thigh with a nail gun.

Anyway because insect pictures seem to be very popular on this forum, I though I would give it a try. Rather than just portraits, I was hoping for a bit of added interest.

I would appreciate C&C. I am especially concerned about the processing. The color seems to detract from the subjects. I have desaturated a little but when I tried even less saturation the colors appeared washed out and sickly. I am also not sure I have the right amount of sharpening. I tried to selectively sharpen the bees and center of the dahlia.

Canon EOS REBEL T3i    EF-S60mm f/2.8 Macro USM lens    60mm    f/20.0    1/200s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

Oct 22, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Julian Nell
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Friendship

Outstanding...

I don't understand how you have just jumped into the forums and become "the" poster that I look for. You are extremely creative and skilled with a camera. Something you could do is: use one layer for the bees (I think what you have right now looks great) and a second layer that is a little bit darker. Then use a brush to paint the bees, which will expose the older image's exposure on the bees into the darker new exposure of the flower.

Julian

Oct 22, 2013 at 03:43 PM
Dalantech
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Friendship

Wonderful image -love the composition!

Ugly bugs?!

Oct 22, 2013 at 05:21 PM
Camperjim
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Friendship

Julian, thanks but don't look for a lot of posts from me. I have been working for over 2 months on remodeling a house and I have only had a couple hours of shooting time since early July.

Dalantech, thanks. I compose in camera and rarely crop. Of course, that does mean I am very limited to using a fixed 2:3 aspect ratio.

Oct 22, 2013 at 05:44 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

andreloo
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Friendship

1+, Ugly bugs?! )).Very nice image , always apply sharpening after final resizing( i use smart sharpening 250-0.1 for web files and i play with the opacity of the layer) .Andrei

Oct 22, 2013 at 05:51 PM
Camperjim
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Friendship

andreloo, I was like the bees..out to lunch when I sharpened this. I sharpened before downsizing and apparently forgot to sharpen again after resizing.

Oct 22, 2013 at 06:01 PM
Dalantech
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Friendship

Camperjim wrote:
Dalantech, thanks. I compose in camera and rarely crop.

My blog: www.nocroppingzone.com

Ditto

Oct 22, 2013 at 06:34 PM
DeVil
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Friendship

Very nice!

Oct 24, 2013 at 12:58 PM

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password