New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Canon 6D + PW + Flash?

JayCeePhotog
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon 6D + PW + Flash?

My friend recently purchased a Canon 6D. I personally own a 5DM2 and I was looking to maybe getting the 6D but there's a problem I face. Is there any way to connect the 6D with a PW and a flash?

The 6D lacks a PC terminal and I'm a little hopeful for a solution. I was thinking about a flash bracket with 2 hotshoes or something, but that's a little bulky.

Any ideas?

Oct 21, 2013 at 05:47 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon 6D + PW + Flash?

This might work for you:

http://www.flashzebra.com/products/0268/index.shtml

Oct 22, 2013 at 12:42 AM
WestFalcon
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon 6D + PW + Flash?

i put a pocket wizard on the hot shoe and a pocket wizard attached to a 580 exII flash and it works great...need a 580 EX II flash...I don't think u can connect a 580 EX

pw plus 6D ( poor cell phone picture)

Oct 23, 2013 at 10:45 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon 6D + PW + Flash?

WestFalcon wrote:
i put a pocket wizard on the hot shoe and a pocket wizard attached to a 580 exII flash and it works great...

If I understood the OP correctly, he wants a PW transmitter and a flash on the camera, plus an off-camera flash with PW receiver.

Oct 23, 2013 at 11:12 PM
JayCeePhotog
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon 6D + PW + Flash?

BrianO wrote:
If I understood the OP correctly, he wants a PW transmitter and a flash on the camera, plus an off-camera flash with PW receiver.

That's correct Brian. WestFalcon, that's kind of what I want, but with the flash on it as well so I can use the 580ex ii and the alienbee's that I use.

Thanks for posting the flashzebra link. I'll look into this and hopefully it works out.

Oct 23, 2013 at 11:37 PM
WestFalcon
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon 6D + PW + Flash?

the hotshoe with a plug for pc should work although the flash may need a stroboframe bracket or something similar to hold it since the pocketwizard will be on the camera

Oct 24, 2013 at 07:05 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.