New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · A Request

Gregg B.
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A Request

Dear Nikon Fellows
I'd like to ask one of you for a big time favor. I'd like to go to the Japanese Gardens in Portland and take a few shots of the Japanese Maple tree they have there. The problem is that they admit ppl at 10 am but if you're a member (you have to get an annual pass for photography that costs around $150 to be a garden's member. But this will let you be admitted earlier, at 8:00 am) but for me this will be a one time trip and I'm not really planning to go there again within a year, as I have lots of other trips set up. If I'm not mistaken a member can take once a year a friend or family member etc. If one of you can do this and meet with me in Portland that'd be great. I'd pay you say $20 for that or get you a lunch or something.
Please PM me if you're interested. Thanks and I hope this isn't against posting posts policy
Sorry Fred and all if it is.

Oct 21, 2013 at 03:04 PM
Kell
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A Request

I'm not a member, but am going as soon as my camera gets here this week...anyway, did you try calling the office, talk to the director? tell them your situation and offer to pay an extra $20 to get in early...worth a try, I would..

Oct 21, 2013 at 03:27 PM
monochrome
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A Request

Try what Kell mentioned

Oct 21, 2013 at 03:45 PM
Gregg B.
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A Request

Thanks for suggestion Kell. I tried. They said the best they could do is the let me in for a non-photography membership that costs a third, but would let me be there at 8:00. I guess that'd be OK because 8 in the morning would let me take some pics without "fighting' for the spot. I assume here that there's a lot of ppl already there at 10. I hope the so called "non-photography" membership doesn't prevent you from selling the pic of the tree.

Oct 21, 2013 at 04:48 PM
Kell
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A Request

I went last year on a weekday on the way home from work this time of year, it wasn't very crowded, didn't impede my ability to get all the shots I wanted, and the place isn't that big. I was done in an hour...was allot of bright afternoon light tho, morning would have been better...enjoy

Oct 21, 2013 at 05:09 PM
Joseph.
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A Request

Oregon is such a great place especially if you're into photography. I would love to move there someday.... plus they fill up your gas tank for you

Oct 22, 2013 at 01:17 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.