Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Tom Hicks
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

Fairies at the bottom of my garden

e6filmuser
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fairies at the bottom of my garden

I have shown how my reversed Kiron zoom works with a typical fly. Now for the upper end of its range.

The setup:

http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=117843#117843

It was a frosty morning, last November, and I fancied a sit-down session, well a kneeling one anyway. I placed my foam pad next to a large, rotten log at the bottom of my garden, rolled it upside down, and took a look.

They are Stalked Hairy Fairy Cups Lachnum niveum.

I was really after insects but saw a crowd of tiny, white dots. I knew there were discos, some of the tiniest mushrooms, no more than 1mm diameter. I hesitated to add to my images of these fungi but recognised an opportunity to use the wideangle end of my reversed Kiron zoom, with its field of view only 3mm wide.

I shot some hand-held (more flexible for focus and angles) but these may have been with a tripod. Anyway, twin flash was used. (These were my first images with this setup at such a high magnification).

The droplets of liquid are from the mushrooms and may or may not be present.

The first two images were with the 28mm end of the zoom. The others were with my Kiron f2 28mm prime reversed. Some have been cropped for composition purposes.

The FOV was 3mm wide for the first two and similar for the others.

The last one adds a surreal element.

Harold Gough 2013

ISO 200 f11

Harold Gough 2013

ISO 200 f11

Harold Gough 2013

ISO 100 f16

Harold Gough 2013

ISO 100 f16

Harold Gough 2013

ISO 100 f16

Oct 21, 2013 at 08:52 AM