Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Can you reduce prices on a posted item without new posting?

choover33

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Can you reduce prices on a posted item without new posting?

I am totally new to FM selling and have a post up for 5 canon lenses. I am looking around and realize that I probably need to lower the prices a little to actually get any interest. Is there a way to reduce prices in a post/edit a post without creating an entirely new post?

Also, any tips for new sellers? It looks like there is some sort of hurtles you have to jump though to get any feedback and start selling on here?

Thanks
Chris Hoover
www.chrishooverphotography.com

Oct 20, 2013 at 11:28 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Can you reduce prices on a posted item without new posting?

Yes you can. Go to the first post in your FS posting (the one that lists the equipment and prices) and click the small "Edit" button at the bottom. That will reopen the item listing and description form. Just change the price for the item(s) you want and then click "Submit".

As for selling here, there are no hoops. You have done a good job of posting pictures, describing what's included and answering the date code question. I would recommend against soliciting a "gift" payment since that is technically against PayPal rules and has been the subject of several scams lately. You can do a forum search if you want to find and read those. I'm sure a price cut wouldn't hurt. Did you check other listings for these same items and price yours to be the lowest or near? Sellers who price items at below average prices (all else being equal) generally move their items more quickly.

Since you haven't gotten any feedback yet here, maybe share some references where buyers can check you out, or point to some feedback on another forum/site where you have bought/sold. You can also include your professional website- you posted the URL here in this post, so why not in your FS post?

Oct 21, 2013 at 01:01 AM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Can you reduce prices on a posted item without new posting?

Nice "how to" and advice by Mitesh. Regardless of the tenure here, gear described accurately
and priced right...sells best when shipping AND PayPal are included. GL

Oct 21, 2013 at 04:59 AM
choover33

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Can you reduce prices on a posted item without new posting?

I appreciate your help and comments mitesh and trenchmonkey. They are very helpful.

Oct 22, 2013 at 12:02 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.