FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · My farewell to wedding photography

kesava
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · My farewell to wedding photography

After 10 years, I am hanging up my hat. This set is nothing to write home about, but it is my last set. As I started my career using this forum to help grow and hone my craft, I only find it befitting to exit here as well. I really only took on weddings this year to help pay for Katie Merkle to photograph my upcoming wedding. So, here it is. Sorry for the low resolution.

http://ppl.ug/Arh-n-uTGTw/

Oct 20, 2013 at 12:30 AM
myam203
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · My farewell to wedding photography

Good for you! Why are you stopping? What's next??

Oct 20, 2013 at 12:42 AM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · My farewell to wedding photography

Good luck, Kesava, wherever life may take you next!

Oct 20, 2013 at 12:50 AM
truehuss
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · My farewell to wedding photography

what I never understand is when people come in saying "good for you". If you feel that way about photography why are you in it? Not trying to be rude, seriously. But I actually ENJOY photography. I don't like some of the politics/people that come with it but that's almost ANY job. I'll take photography any day.

Out of curiosity (and not trying to pry) but are you getting out because you don't feel it anymore, found a better situation for yourself or...? Either way good luck with your next phase of life! Oh and congrats on getting engaged & getting Katie Merkle (& maybe Chuck, lol) to shoot your wedding!

Oct 20, 2013 at 11:37 AM
myam203
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · My farewell to wedding photography

You're misunderstanding the expression. I'm assuming he's going to be happier and better off quitting, so if that's the case, "good for him". That's all it means. I love photography.

Oct 20, 2013 at 11:52 AM
kesava
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · My farewell to wedding photography

As a professional photographer, I did extremely well in my area. I have a passion for photography and helping people too. I am lucky enough to get paid to do two things that I love. However, one of the things that I love to do, takes away my weekends from my family. If only weddings were on normal business hours. The other is helping those with mental and substance abuse disorders. I grew up in a home that was severely affected (as many others have) and I have had the privilege of helping those that need me the most. I get to guide people out of storms.
My photography means so much to me and it will follow suit. I am not getting out of photography. I'm taking back my weekends.

Oct 20, 2013 at 03:47 PM
tobicus
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · My farewell to wedding photography

Totally understand where you're coming from. We shot our last wedding this month and are selling off all the gear in the buy/sell forum. We'll miss the cash, but will love the family time.

Oct 20, 2013 at 04:06 PM
Evan Baines
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · My farewell to wedding photography

Its the end of an era!

For those of you who don't know, I shot my first paid weddings with Kesava, and have the privilege of being the best man at his upcoming wedding.

Its a solid valedictory set my friend. Congratulations!

Oct 21, 2013 at 07:37 AM
JanetG
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · My farewell to wedding photography

good luck kesava.. hard to believe we crossed paths 10 years ago!

Oct 21, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Ghost
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · My farewell to wedding photography

All the best. You may give up the ghost of wedding photography, but you can still shoot for yourself.

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:18 AM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · My farewell to wedding photography

Good luck to you!

Oct 21, 2013 at 01:20 PM
bobbyv
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · My farewell to wedding photography

kesava wrote:
As a professional photographer, I did extremely well in my area. I have a passion for photography and helping people too. I am lucky enough to get paid to do two things that I love. However, one of the things that I love to do, takes away my weekends from my family. If only weddings were on normal business hours. The other is helping those with mental and substance abuse disorders. I grew up in a home that was severely affected (as many others have) and I have had the privilege of helping those that need me the most. I
...Show more

Congrats, best of luck...and well stated.

Oct 21, 2013 at 09:27 PM
Rytr
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · My farewell to wedding photography

Best of luck to you. You only get a few years with your family (while you kids are growing up) and if you can afford to, you cannot afford not to. Its a time that only comes once in a lifetime and I envy you.
Congradulations!

Oct 22, 2013 at 07:01 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · My farewell to wedding photography

Yer just lucky you weren't doing this full time and have an out. Good for you.

Oct 22, 2013 at 07:25 AM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · My farewell to wedding photography

kesava wrote:
I am not getting out of photography. I'm taking back my weekends.

sounds good

Oct 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.