FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Acrilyc cover

jmraso
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Acrilyc cover

Who does use it in this times when linen, leather and other stuff is so popular.

Here is one of my last albums.

http://www.jmraso.com/clientes/a.jpg

http://www.jmraso.com/clientes/b.jpg

http://www.jmraso.com/clientes/c.jpg

http://www.jmraso.com/clientes/d.jpg

Jaime Raso

Oct 19, 2013 at 08:48 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Acrilyc cover

I remember you posting that cover image not so long ago sir . Looks like some great images in there.

I've not handled them very much at all (only in passing once), but I've never liked the idea of them personally. That they might scratch and become a little messy over time, and the image behind look a little drab because of this.

I'd personally choose something more organic like the ones you mention. Not seen any tweed covers yet though

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:34 AM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Acrilyc cover

I remember the first time I saw and acrylic cover. It was before I got serious about photography and I was blown away.

At this point, I prefer a simple clean leather cover, but I have to think it has quite an impact on clients.

Oct 19, 2013 at 01:45 PM
Depth of Feel
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Acrilyc cover

Did you make that in Lightroom?

Oct 19, 2013 at 02:27 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Acrilyc cover

ricardovaste wrote:
I remember you posting that cover image not so long ago sir . Looks like some great images in there.

I've not handled them very much at all (only in passing once), but I've never liked the idea of them personally. That they might scratch and become a little messy over time, and the image behind look a little drab because of this.

I'd personally choose something more organic like the ones you mention. Not seen any tweed covers yet though

Yeah, I dont like the idea of it getting scratched though I trust my clients will hadle it gently, I dont think acrlyc is for every body (I myself would get one )

Oct 19, 2013 at 02:55 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Acrilyc cover

Depth of Feel wrote:
Did you make that in Lightroom?

No no, the lab made it !!!

Most of it in LR and finished in PS

Jaime

Oct 19, 2013 at 02:59 PM
deepbluejh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Acrilyc cover

Acrylic covers are pretty, but they do not age as well as leather covers do. In 5 years the leather will look almost new while the acrylic will be marred with all manner of light scratches and other imperfections. There is also the issue of the print becoming separated from the back of the acrylic.

The reason I know these things is because I have an acrylic sample that is running up on 4 years old right now. I still offer them to clients, but only if they specifically ask for it. Otherwise I show and recommend leather albums.

Oct 19, 2013 at 04:36 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Acrilyc cover

deepbluejh wrote:
Acrylic covers are pretty, but they do not age as well as leather covers do. In 5 years the leather will look almost new while the acrylic will be marred with all manner of light scratches and other imperfections. There is also the issue of the print becoming separated from the back of the acrylic.

The reason I know these things is because I have an acrylic sample that is running up on 4 years old right now. I still offer them to clients, but only if they specifically ask for it. Otherwise I show and recommend leather albums.

Great info, thanks.

Oct 19, 2013 at 04:44 PM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Acrilyc cover

I have never had an issue with acrylic covers. My samples date back over 7 years and have been handled by numerous potential clients and packed in a case with other albums for travel. They still look new in terms of no marks and the photos are holding up very well.

Acrylic is strong for normal handling. Don't put a knife to it (just as you wouldn't with leather) and it will last.

No complaints at all from me about them.

Oct 22, 2013 at 02:03 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.