Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Tom Hicks
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

end

My First Macro Forum Post

Camperjim
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · My First Macro Forum Post

Tom, thanks. I think I understand. I hope I am not asking too many questions or getting away from the presentation aspects of this forum. I know that some of the other presentation forums discourage any involved discussions.

Oct 20, 2013 at 06:36 PM
Tom Hicks
• • • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · My First Macro Forum Post

Jim we welcome discussion , how else are we going to learn how to improve.

Oct 20, 2013 at 06:53 PM
e6filmuser
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · My First Macro Forum Post

Camperjim wrote:
I have not done focusing stacking. I don't have much interest in super macro shots of insects. I don't shoot in a highly technical fashion. In fact I don't even use a tripod for my closeup/macro images.

I'm surprised that nobody has said that this +/- applies to most of us. I don't consider myself to be specifically a macro photographer although it does not require the travel, from a few miles to overseas, needed by my broader interests.

Your second image really does it for me. The third one is so clean and crisp that I would have cloned out the tiny wasp, bottom right.

Harold

Oct 21, 2013 at 07:18 AM
Tom Hicks
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · My First Macro Forum Post

e6filmuser wrote:
I'm surprised that nobody has said that this +/- applies to most of us. I don't consider myself to be specifically a macro photographer although it does not require the travel, from a few miles to overseas, needed by my broader interests.

Your second image really does it for me. The third one is so clean and crisp that I would have cloned out the tiny wasp, bottom right.

Harold

Harold in the states we call those Bonus Bugs . I think a lot of us started out shooting flowers only to discover small bugs and spiders in the mix, and as time went on went didn't care about the flowers anymore and just shot the bugs .
I know I did . Think of it as a tiny Alaskan Moose in a sea of tundra and mountains.

Oct 21, 2013 at 03:31 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Camperjim
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · My First Macro Forum Post

The bug was clearly visible when I took this and the image was composed partly due to the location of the bug. I now have some choices: leave it as is, clone it out, or select it and enlarge it.

At one time I shot lots of images with hidden faces so the first choice was appealing to me. At a quick glance the bug is not noticed or seems to be just a speck, then it becomes the bonus bug.

Oct 21, 2013 at 05:19 PM
e6filmuser
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · My First Macro Forum Post

The author should always have the last word!

Harold

Oct 21, 2013 at 05:28 PM
trilce84
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · My First Macro Forum Post

Great unique perspective. I've never seen macros in this way.

Oct 21, 2013 at 10:59 PM
       end

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password