FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       end

Archive 2013 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

sebboh
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

man, you guys have bad luck. so far all of my $20 adapters have worked great. no light leaks, no weird reflections, and no vignetting. my first generation hawk's adapter definitely has some wobble though...

has anybody gotten the voigtlander helicoid adapter yet? i'm curious about the build and whether it nails the infinity stop or is easily shimmed?

Mar 28, 2014 at 02:27 AM
mcbroomf
• • • • •
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

I have the 3rd gen Hawks which is supposed to have a more robust design to prevent wobble. The A7r arrived but I've yet to test anything, and rain is forecasted for the weekend. I'll post results when I can though.

Mar 28, 2014 at 06:19 AM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

sebboh wrote:
man, you guys have bad luck. so far all of my $20 adapters have worked great. no light leaks, no weird reflections, and no vignetting.

Same good experience here. No issues so far.

Mar 28, 2014 at 07:41 AM
tennclay
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

Well luck had nothing to with the crap adaptors I bought. I tried to buy brands that were respected but the designs are such that they have to leak.

Mar 28, 2014 at 04:24 PM
JaKo
• • • •
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

tennclay wrote:
Well luck had nothing to with the crap adaptors I bought. I tried to buy brands that were respected but the designs are such that they have to leak.

You must be right about the design. Four months ago all we had were various adapters to E-mount designed specifically for NEX cropped sensors. Even despite constant lens mount/camera E-mount specs something must triggered the need to retool their gear and make new adapters to E-mount as Voigtlander just announced. Was it perhaps that CV had their NEX-E adapters out of whack or maybe they and others will finally launch properly designed adapters for FF E-mount? Will see. Maybe even Leica-M lenses will show better results with FF specific E-mount adapters.

Here is another recent product, this time from Tokina/Kenko:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDgwMA==/z/1woAAOxy4dNS3x3w/$_3.JPG
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAwOFgxNDQx/z/KHAAAOxyUrZS3x3k/$_57.JPG

Mar 28, 2014 at 09:24 PM
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.