FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       5       end

Archive 2013 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

rji2goleez
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

When I bought mine from Metabones last week, they expressed shipped it and it arrived in about 18 hours from China. I was amazed at that turn around.

Oct 25, 2013 at 06:17 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

Fred Miranda wrote:
Scott, another great UWA great choice is the Voigtlander 12mm f/5.6 with the Voigtlander M to E-mount adapter.
http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2013/10/25/quick-samples-from-sony-a7-and-a7r-with-12mm-voigtlander
It could be a great complement for our Canon TS-E lenses.

My Metabones EF to E-mount Mark III is very tight on my lenses. I'm not sure if that is good or bad but should be testing performance on the corners as well.
Fred

Thanks Fred - I will do some studying on the 12mm voightlander. To duplicate my 11-22, 18-55, and 22 on EOS-M I will need a really wide (Voigthlander 12?), zeiss 35/2, and a long one for hiking. But first I will have to see the edge problems ( or lack of them) on m mounts.

Oct 26, 2013 at 05:02 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

Here is another options for Canon EF/EF-S lenses. I really like the rotating tripod collar. It rotates and easily detaches.
The Metabones tripod collar is too little and unstable.

http://www.rjcamera.com/ocart/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_63&product_id=57

Oct 27, 2013 at 10:04 AM
twoeye
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

Fred Miranda wrote:
Here is another options for Canon EF/EF-S lenses. I really like the rotating tripod collar. It rotates and easily detaches.

Do you know if it is full frame compatible, looks a bit narrow like the Metabones smart adapter MkII?

Oct 27, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

twoeye wrote:
Do you know if it is full frame compatible, looks a bit narrow like the Metabones smart adapter MkII?

I'm not sure. I just sent the owner an email about it.
Fred

Oct 27, 2013 at 10:16 AM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

Looks like Fred is getting an a7r.

Oct 27, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Experte

p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

Fred Miranda wrote:

http://www.rjcamera.com/ocart/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_63&product_id=57

This adapter is most likely NOT compatible with A7/A7r. The aperture in the adapter is too small and covers only the area of an APS-C sensor.

Oct 27, 2013 at 12:11 PM
PeterGlaso
• • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

Oh crap.. I just ordered one yesterday..

Oct 27, 2013 at 12:36 PM
r.gil
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

Would the Metabones work with the Contax Biogon 21mm f2.8 lens on the A7?
thanks

Oct 27, 2013 at 01:29 PM
wfrank
• • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

r.gil wrote:
Would the Metabones work with the Contax Biogon 21mm f2.8 lens on the A7?
thanks

I dont know for sure but think it's more than likely as the exit pupil is really close to the sensor. Which in turn, unfortunately, is probably going to make the lens bad on both the A7 and A7r. Initial tests with the G28 looks worse than on the NEX :-(

EDIT: with regards to smearing and corner color cast..

Oct 27, 2013 at 02:39 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

Experte wrote:
This adapter is most likely NOT compatible with A7/A7r. The aperture in the adapter is too small and covers only the area of an APS-C sensor.

Here is the reply I got from Rong Jin:

"Hi Fred,
Thanks for the message...
the current one is not compatible... (will incur vignetting , with FF body)...
but I'm already working on the updated version... in fact, it's almost ready now... just wait to have a A7 body to try out (should be around 20th next month)

best,
R.J."

Oct 28, 2013 at 09:30 AM
Michael Gordon
• • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

I wonder if it will be possible to use OM lenses with chipped adapters OM---EF and then Metabones to A7/A7r to get correct exif data ?? Seems a bit far fetched but perhaps it could work. As Sony has an open API if it doesn't work perhaps someone will make it easy to get in the data at time of shooting but writing a small app. I wonder what engaging the PDAF will do on the A7?--suspect nothing or just asking trouble.

Oct 28, 2013 at 01:38 PM
twoeye
• • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

A dutch test of the A7r/ Metabones Smart adapter/ Canon TS-E lenses:

"...The results of the tests are convincing . The Alpha 7R has no problem with the Canon 24mm and 17mm TSE. The image remains sharp right into the corners and vignetting is the same as the EOS 5D at full shift.

The Sony A7R with Meta Bones adapter is currently the best choice for Canon photographers who need more megapixels and ultimate sharpness..."

Nov 07, 2013 at 04:35 PM
philip_pj
• • • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

That message will please many serious shooters, twoeye. It is just the beginning for the world's first 'lens open source' camera, as foreshadowed in Fred's post two up. This is the trojan horse aspect of the a7r few fully appreciate as yet.

Nov 07, 2013 at 04:48 PM
Makten
• • • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

[Information]: My Metabones M to NEX adapter is within 0.01 mm (0.0004") in thickness all around. That's really high standard, especially considering it's built up from three parts.

Can anyone recommend a fairly cheap Konica to NEX adapter? I'd really like to try the 40/1.8 Hexanon AR, which is stunning on film.

Nov 07, 2013 at 05:57 PM
twoeye
• • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

Metabones Smart Adapter III is in the house and fits my ZE-lenses perfectly, A7r is expected to ship by the end of next week

The adapter now seems to be out of stock from Metabones where I bought mine.

Nov 13, 2013 at 05:08 AM
mcbroomf
• • • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

twoeye wrote:
Metabones Smart Adapter III is in the house and fits my ZE-lenses perfectly, A7r is expected to ship by the end of next week

The adapter now seems to be out of stock from Metabones where I bought mine.

B&H still have them in stock

Nov 13, 2013 at 09:08 AM
dbehrens
• • • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

For those contemplating what adapter to use for their C-Y lens I contacted Metabones and was advised that they are working on a (non-speedbooster) C-Y to E-Mount adapter that will include a tripod foot. Should be out in a month. With my heaviest CYZ being the V-S 100-300 at 925g this is great news!

Nov 13, 2013 at 11:17 AM
naturephoto1
• • • • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

dbehrens wrote:
For those contemplating what adapter to use for their C-Y lens I contacted Metabones and was advised that they are working on a (non-speedbooster) C-Y to E-Mount adapter that will include a tripod foot. Should be out in a month. With my heaviest CYZ being the V-S 100-300 at 925g this is great news!

Novoflex offers a Contax to NEX adapter:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/737839-REG/Novoflex_NEX_CONT_Adapter_for_Contax_Yashica_Lens.html

It should work with this Novoflex rotating collar:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/758213-REG/novoflex_astat_nex_tripod_collar_for.html

Rich

Edited on Nov 13, 2013 at 01:40 PM · View previous versions

Nov 13, 2013 at 11:46 AM
f.hayek
• •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Sony a7/a7r lens adapters

Anyone here use the Novoflex adapters? I have been told that their precision is greater, but I imagine there might be some hype to it justifying the premium price.

Nov 13, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1       2      
       4       5       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       5       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.