Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Tripod Mount for 90mm TS-E?

ascottmccauley

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tripod Mount for 90mm TS-E?

Does anyone know of a tripod collar/mount for the canon 90mm ts-e? I'm not sure if one could even be fashioned for this lens, but it sure would make tilt/shift easier?

Oct 18, 2013 at 01:16 PM
Mike K
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Tripod Mount for 90mm TS-E?

I do not know of a tripod collar made specifically for the 90 TSE.

However, I know what you are looking for and why. The only TSE specific collars I know of are made by Hartblei for the Canon TSE 24/3.5 II and Canon TSE 17/4. However, even those hold the lens in only 1 orientation only (the collar attaches to the flats on the shift portion of the lens), and f you want to rotate the shift you have to rotate the collar in the ball head ( to hold it horizontally and not vertically).
Also its rather expensive as the volume of production is very, very low.
http://www.hartblei.de/en/canon-tse-collar.htm

Mike K

Oct 18, 2013 at 02:21 PM
ascottmccauley

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Tripod Mount for 90mm TS-E?

"595,00 Euro + shipment" - Crap, that's 2/3 the cost of the lens!

Thanks though.

Oct 18, 2013 at 02:38 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Tripod Mount for 90mm TS-E?

I have the Hartblei and it ONLY fits the two newer lenses. It will not fit the 90 or 45. The Hartblei is most definitely not worth the money. It's beautifully machined, but still has design flaws. It also leaves friction marks in the contact area. A pain in the ass to use so most of the time I just don't. You can accomplish the same thing by sliding your RRS L bracket left and right or up and down.

Oct 18, 2013 at 02:46 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Tripod Mount for 90mm TS-E?

Something like this might do the trick, if they can make one to the correct dimensions (I bet they could).

http://www.srb-griturn.com/tripod-lens-mount-5041-p.asp

I compensate for horizontal shift motion of the camera-mounted lens by sliding the camera in the opposite direction, on my Arca-Swiss (RRS/Hejnar/etc.) quick release plates. I don't have an easy solution to offset rise and fall.

Oct 18, 2013 at 02:54 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Tripod Mount for 90mm TS-E?

To offset the rise and fall, you flop your tripod head ninety degrees and mount the camera with what would be the vertical rise on the "L" bracket. Then you can do the same thing. It's a bit more awkward, but it's not that hard and it does work.

Oct 18, 2013 at 03:43 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Tripod Mount for 90mm TS-E?

Peter Figen wrote:
To offset the rise and fall, you flop your tripod head ninety degrees and mount the camera with what would be the vertical rise on the "L" bracket. Then you can do the same thing. It's a bit more awkward, but it's not that hard and it does work.

Thanks, Peter. It's only a matter of perspective, right?

Oct 18, 2013 at 03:46 PM
Mike K
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Tripod Mount for 90mm TS-E?

Yes, the Hartblei fits only the TSE 24 II and TSE 17, and not the older TSE lenses.

For those that are not clear on the counter shift of the camera body to offset lens shift with the TSE lens, an older tutorial is

http://www.outbackphoto.com/workflow/wf_58/essay.html

Note that recent L brackets from RRS and Kirk have index markers on the center-line back of the brackets. Their clamps also have measurement lines to facilitate this counter shift. No need to file in a line onto your L bracket or clamp.
Mike K

Oct 18, 2013 at 06:06 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.