1       2       3       4      
       end

Archive 2013 · Fujifilm X-E2 16MP camera announced

lsquare
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · Fujifilm X-E2 16MP camera announced

alba63 wrote:
Well, they have been developing the organic sensor since at least 5-6 years. Big question is when it will be ready for serial production and how large they can build it at affordable prices. It might be that the majority of people in the mass market will not be ready to pay a high price for larger dynamic range, they are more attracted by Megapixel and insane high ISOs.

But should Fuji be able to build a high resolution APS-c sensor with this technology, I'd be interested.

But I guess till then we'll see at least another 1-2 generations of
...Show more

I think I read somewhere that it'll be at least 2015 before we see such a sensor commercialized by Panasonic. I can't wait until this sensor is launched, but yea, it's been in development for a very long time now.

Nov 05, 2013 at 08:49 AM
lsquare
• • •
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · Fujifilm X-E2 16MP camera announced

I'm really disappointed that the X-E2 doesn't improve on the X-E1's Auto Exposure Bracketing options. I can't believe it's still limited to 3 frames at a maximum of +/- 1 EV. Do you guys know who I can contact to voice my complaint? The X-E2 does almost everything that I want, but its AEB feature is horribly limited relative to its competitors like the Olympus E-M1 and E-M5!

Nov 05, 2013 at 08:51 AM
you2
• • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · Fujifilm X-E2 16MP camera announced

What is the advantage of the organic sensor ?

Nov 06, 2013 at 09:04 AM
you2
• • •
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · Fujifilm X-E2 16MP camera announced

Actually when I made the last comment about faster update; I wsa talking about the LCD. In certain special modes the X-E1 seemed to stall and miss updates to the LCD; while the X-E2 was instantaneous. This is more of a speed thing than refresh rate.

Jman13 wrote:
Yeah, the X-E2's viewfinder refresh is nearly triple the X-E1's in low light. Should help a LOT with the viewfinder lag in the X-E1, which is pretty bad. Other than the low light lag, the viewfinder int he X-E1 is really good, so this should help a lot. Hoping it ships here in the next two weeks.

Nov 06, 2013 at 09:08 AM
Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · Fujifilm X-E2 16MP camera announced

Well, the PDAF firmware updates were released today. Early reports are saying that AF is dramatically improved on the X-E2. One user (blog post here) said he had a hard time telling the difference in speed between his X-E2 and his GH3. If that's the case, WOW! I don't think it'll be quite that good, especially in low light when the PDAF supposedly shuts down, but I'm very excited for my X-E2. Hurry up already and get here! (I should be in the first wave from B&H...I ordered at 6:30 AM on the morning of announcement).

Nov 06, 2013 at 09:12 AM
Spyro P.
• • • •
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · Fujifilm X-E2 16MP camera announced

Fuji Australia only sells kitted with the zoom...
dont let them go full retard, fuji

Nov 06, 2013 at 09:14 AM
alba63
• • •
p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · Fujifilm X-E2 16MP camera announced

you2 wrote:
What is the advantage of the organic sensor ?

According to what's being reported so far and Fuji's own documents, superior technical specs even with pixels as small as 3µm, dynamic range easily on par with the best current FF sensor or better, low noise, excellent high ISO. According to some guys who know much more than me about that stuff it would be a real breakthrough technology.

Bernie

Nov 06, 2013 at 09:16 AM
Drew Newell
• •
p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · Fujifilm X-E2 16MP camera announced

Ah, getting impatient. Lenses will be here this weekend. Really hoping they ship out the XE-2 earlier than the 15th. Europe always gets stuff before we do in the US.

Nov 06, 2013 at 09:40 AM
Rob_O
• •
p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · Fujifilm X-E2 16MP camera announced

Can't wait to get it out and use it!

(taken with X-E1 + 35 f/1.4)

Nov 06, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #10 · p.5 #10 · Fujifilm X-E2 16MP camera announced

What's your take on the AF with the new firmware?

Nov 06, 2013 at 11:15 AM
BokehBeauty
• • •
p.5 #11 · p.5 #11 · Fujifilm X-E2 16MP camera announced

Drew Newell wrote:
.... Europe always gets stuff before we do in the US.

Well we pay a lot more even when deducting VAT.

Nov 06, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Rob_O
• •
p.5 #12 · p.5 #12 · Fujifilm X-E2 16MP camera announced

BokehBeauty wrote:
Well we pay a lot more even when deducting VAT.

Yeah, the price here in the UK was £799 body only, including 20% VAT. That's roughly $1,250USD compared with $999 + tax in the US.

As an American living in London, I try to mitigate my equipment purchase costs by buying US product whenever possible (my wife is stateside at least once a month). However, with the release date a good two weeks sooner here, and the fact I'd have paid near $1,100 incl tax in the US, I decided just to go for it. I love my X-E1 and couldn't wait for the update.

Now, when I bought my 5D MkIII it was a different story. I pre-ordered from the US and saved 40% over the cost (in USD) compared to buying locally in the UK. And I see the Nikon Df kit (with the 50 f/1.8 lens) will be $2,999 stateside while it's $4,500 in USD equivalent here. That's nuts.

Edited on Nov 06, 2013 at 03:30 PM · View previous versions

Nov 06, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Drew Newell
• •
p.5 #13 · p.5 #13 · Fujifilm X-E2 16MP camera announced

I got the Fujinon 35mm and the 55-200 on the way from a fellow FMer. The X-E2 is coming from Amazon. Waiting on the 10-24mm to come out so I can pre-order it as well.

Nov 06, 2013 at 11:47 AM
jonrock
• • •
p.5 #14 · p.5 #14 · Fujifilm X-E2 16MP camera announced

I'm actually tempted in upgrading up to the X-E2 from my X-E1. Some of the reviews I've read about the new lens firmware updates state that there has been a significant increase in AF speed. Some reviews state that it's quite close to a Panasonic GH-3 though others indicate that it's probably closer to a Panasonic GX-1. Focus tracking doesn't seem to work that well yet though it's unclear if Fuji will update this function in a future firmware upgrade.

Nov 06, 2013 at 09:09 PM
kevinkjones

p.5 #15 · p.5 #15 · Fujifilm X-E2 16MP camera announced

I think the improved AF, larger higher res LCD, and improved EVF make it worth a look.

Feb 20, 2014 at 07:52 AM
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.