end

Archive 2013 · Reasons you will Keep you RX1/1r

Jochenb
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Reasons you will Keep you RX1/1r

rji2goleez wrote:
Is this your way of making me feel bad I sold you my RX1

I guess you went through the same feeling . . .

Oh so you did decide to sell it after all? Thought I read you would keep it, but I could be wrong.

Oct 24, 2013 at 09:58 AM
Jonas B
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Reasons you will Keep you RX1/1r

Ooops. It's a good thing not all deals through the B&S forum are followed up this way.

EDIT: And I'll keep my RX1 for a variety of reasons already mentioned. That lens...

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Visuals
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Reasons you will Keep you RX1/1r

rji2goleez wrote:
Is this your way of making me feel bad I sold you my RX1

I guess you went through the same feeling . . .

Bob!

Yes I went through the same feelings, in fact! I posted this prior to purchasing the RX1 from you. Everyone here basically helped me rationalize why I should get back the RX1. This is just the beginning, sony will release the RX2 with better manual focus, IBIS, and perhaps a baby EVF built in! There's NOTHING stopping them to be honest, they intend to keep bucking the industry!!!

In the mean time!
a 35mm lens is all I have, perhaps it's all I need!

Thanks Bob~

Oct 24, 2013 at 03:10 PM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Reasons you will Keep you RX1/1r

Visuals wrote:
This is just the beginning, sony will release the RX2 with better manual focus, IBIS, and perhaps a baby EVF built in! There's NOTHING stopping them to be honest, they intend to keep bucking the industry!!!

Thanks Bob~

Sony is extremely unlikely to release an RX2 with IBIS. If they did, it would be 2-3 times the size of the current RX1. I see a future RX2 using the 36MP sensor from the A7r. Built-in EVF? possibly though it would also increase the RX1 size so perhaps not if Sony maintains the RX1 design goal to be as small as possible.

Oct 24, 2013 at 03:30 PM
rji2goleez
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Reasons you will Keep you RX1/1r

Jochenb wrote:
Oh so you did decide to sell it after all? Thought I read you would keep it, but I could be wrong.

Yes, I ended up relisting the RX1. I decided I had better raise the cash for my preordered a7R. Ultimately, I missed playing with legacy glass as I did on the NEX5N and 7. Looking forward to doing that again and I'm betting that the 55/1.8 that preordered will be as much fun on the a7R as the RX1 was. I also recently sold my Zeiss ZE 35/1.4 and bought a 35/2 which will go on the a7R via Metabones Smart adapter III (and my Canon). I love the signature of the slower 35 and really missed its 3D versus the 35/1.4. It will be interesting to see the results of this lens on the a7R versus the 5D III.

Oct 24, 2013 at 03:40 PM
rji2goleez
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Reasons you will Keep you RX1/1r

Jonas B wrote:
Ooops. It's a good thing not all deals through the B&S forum are followed up this way.

EDIT: And I'll keep my RX1 for a variety of reasons already mentioned. That lens...

He knows I was only kidding . . .

Oct 24, 2013 at 03:41 PM
Jochenb
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Reasons you will Keep you RX1/1r

rji2goleez wrote:
Yes, I ended up relisting the RX1. I decided I had better raise the cash for my preordered a7R. Ultimately, I missed playing with legacy glass as I did on the NEX5N and 7. Looking forward to doing that again and I'm betting that the 55/1.8 that preordered will be as much fun on the a7R as the RX1 was. I also recently sold my Zeiss ZE 35/1.4 and bought a 35/2 which will go on the a7R via Metabones Smart adapter III (and my Canon). I love the signature of the slower 35 and really missed its 3D versus
...Show more

I understand, I still have to decide myself what to do with my RX1. The A7(R) has so much I've always wanted, but the RX1 is also fantastic. We'll see.

Oct 24, 2013 at 03:45 PM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.