Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Archive 2013 · My 5000th Post on FM

Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · My 5000th Post on FM

Wow Paul, to say this is a stunning set is a grand understatement. Your work has improved my friend and you are in my mind one of the forums greats and that is saying a lot. As I scrolled down this set I was continually astounded with the quality. Excellent photgraphy, Paul, excellent. Over the years I have always looked forward to seeing your posts, I have enjoyed them greatly and I do look forward the thousands more I hope to see from you. You are a brave man of great character to stand up so strongly with the challenge life has tossed your way, my hat is off to you sir and I wish all the best from deep in my heart. Your blog now has a new and loyal reader, thank you for sharing your experience. I have a very dear friend that I know I will be sharing your blog with, thank you for that.

Congrats Paul and cheers

Tim

Oct 18, 2013 at 02:16 AM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · My 5000th Post on FM

The most hearty of congratulations on your milestone post Paul!! And a most excellent set of images to celebrate. Yet, despite the plethora of excellence, the roller stands out for me due to the visual balance, colors, wonderful bg and so on. Plus, it is a very pretty bird.

I checked out your blog, and was immediately drawn to the window from Bath Abbey. It is very well executed. Bravo on that image.

Knowing you are fighting such an insidious disease is saddening. Knowing your attitude in facing it is heartening, and more than cancels out that negativeness. Thank you Paul for being a strong, positive example for me, and everyone else who has a connection with you. Best wishes to your and your wife.

Oct 18, 2013 at 02:45 AM
waldr_p
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · My 5000th Post on FM

Karl Witt wrote:
#5000!!

Hello my friend and a monsterous congrats on #5000 as well as to your gains in photography and presentation of it

At one time we all get plenty of nits, ask for plenty of help, learn by our mistakes, and learn from out mentors here. As we get better and absorb more we get less nits, less PM's and find our own confidence and style. The better ones never stop learning though Paul, you are one of those buddy

It has been a personal delight to see and share with you over the years and
...Show more

Many thanks for your kind words Karl and for your critiques over the years. You ought to get a special award for 'services to photography' for all the excellent feedback and insight you've provided on this forum over the years!

Florals Wow, I just didn't think about including any of those. Here's one to make up for my oversight...

Paul

Oct 20, 2013 at 04:50 PM
waldr_p
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · My 5000th Post on FM

Ted ellis wrote:
Paul put simply "outstanding" series.

They do not get any better. Thanks for being a valued contributor to our forum.

Ted

Thanks Ted!

Oct 20, 2013 at 04:51 PM
waldr_p
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · My 5000th Post on FM

ScottHM wrote:
Congratulations on reaching 5000...I think we've all benefited from the photos and the insights from the people we've met here, and I've really only just started.
I enjoy the title and attitude on your blog, it's hard to deal with the situations life throws at us, but it's better for us and those around us to make the most of the time we have and enjoy it to the fullest. Wish you all the best, and hope to see many more photos from you.
Scott

Many thanks Scott!

Paul.

Oct 20, 2013 at 04:54 PM
waldr_p
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · My 5000th Post on FM

eyelaser wrote:
Paul, I enjoyed each and every one. Congrats on 5K and I hope we get to see more of your outstanding work. This is a brilliant set and I hope each and every one lives in more than a computer hard drive and you have printed some or all for display.
Eric

Thanks Eric,

Rest assured that I do have one or two of them printed out and on display around my home.

Keep those bit cat shots coming my friend!

Paul

Oct 20, 2013 at 04:56 PM
waldr_p
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · My 5000th Post on FM

oldrattler wrote:
Congratulations on # 5000. This shows you are a dedicated FM'er, or have nothing else to do. Jim

I think it's a bit of both Jim!

Paul

Oct 20, 2013 at 04:57 PM
waldr_p
• • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · My 5000th Post on FM

Reeftank1 wrote:
Paul,

Well done!

You are a fine contributor and a motivator as well. Congrats to the 5K as it is a target that I am still working towards. 5K will be a special number for me and thoughts of this thread will be weighted on my mind. We will be 5K FM friends from across the pond!

The set is fantastic and the connection you bring to nature (and other subjects) is priceless.

Your attitude and dedication are inspirational.

Again well done!

Brian

Many thanks for your words Brian, they are much appreciated.

Paul.

Oct 20, 2013 at 05:00 PM
waldr_p
• • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · My 5000th Post on FM

David Leask wrote:
Well done on your 5k Paul. What a fantastic post to celebrate. I admire your skill and your courage. Here's to the next 5k
David

Many thanks David, keep on posting - we don't see enough British wildlife on the forum!

Paul

Oct 20, 2013 at 05:02 PM
waldr_p
• • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · My 5000th Post on FM

birdied wrote:
Paul, congratulations on 5000 ! Your post is a tribute to your talents and efforts, excellent work.
I find your blog full of inspiration and great strength. Thank you for being such inspiring works and words.

Birdie

Thanks Birdie!

Paul.

Oct 20, 2013 at 05:04 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

waldr_p
• • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · My 5000th Post on FM

BeeBalm wrote:
Hi Paul,
A big congrats on your 5K post here at FM!
Your photos are stunning!
I also checked out your blog and agree with Birdie!
You are an inspiration! I also admire your courage.
You always are very kind at FM.
I am wishing you well!
BeeBalm

Thanks BeeBalm,

Your posts always make me smile so thank you very much for that!

Paul

Oct 20, 2013 at 05:05 PM
waldr_p
• • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · My 5000th Post on FM

Plinian wrote:
Hi Paul,

I have been resisting the urge to comment on FM the past week or so because it's kind of addicting, and I'm getting even more behind with my day job than usual, but seeing your post, I had to respond...

Congrats on the big 5K; it's inspiring to see your dedication, the continued benefits one reaps from being part of the community, and, of course, those amazing images. The standouts for me are #1, #9, and #16, in part because they're technically outstanding, and in part because the interaction between the subjects within each photo (even the KF+fish) is so
...Show more

Hi Greg,

I'm glad you liked the images and thanks for your very kind comments on them.

I hope to hit that 10k post mark, no harm in having a 'stretch target'!

Paul.

Oct 20, 2013 at 05:08 PM
waldr_p
• • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · My 5000th Post on FM

acjd wrote:
Your work is excellent, and like Birdie and BeeBalm, I too went to read your blog and find you inspirational. You have great courage too.

I look forward to your 50,000th post.

acjd

Thanks acjd!

Oct 20, 2013 at 05:08 PM
waldr_p
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · My 5000th Post on FM

tfoltz wrote:
... I hope you are able to continue your love for photography
and the great outdoors for as long as possible ...

-Tim

I'll drink to that Tim

Oct 20, 2013 at 05:13 PM
waldr_p
• • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · My 5000th Post on FM

canon.eos30d wrote:
Wow, Paul. Congratulate on your 5000th post. What a stunning set to set a milestone. I love them all from composition, interaction, details. . . I do learn a lot from you and other wonderful friends on FM. I really admire your courage. Stay strong and enjoy. I am waiting to see your 10000th, 15000th, 20000th post and much more.

- Tam

Many thanks Tam!

Oct 20, 2013 at 05:14 PM
waldr_p
• • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · My 5000th Post on FM

Ernie Aubert wrote:
These are all tremendous. I think the puffin is on another level...

Thanks Ernie!

Oct 20, 2013 at 05:14 PM
waldr_p
• • • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · My 5000th Post on FM

CDaescher wrote:
Paul, big congrats on the 5K!
It's a great collection you present here.
I didn't know about your illness and I'm sorry to hear about it. I hope you will be able to travel outside the UK again soon.
Being out in nature and loosing track of time while watching wildlife or trying to get an interesting angle on a fungi is time well spend for any of us.
Take Care.
Chris

Thanks Chris!

Oct 20, 2013 at 05:15 PM
waldr_p
• • • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · My 5000th Post on FM

mikedec wrote:
Congratulations on 5000 posts.Enjoyed the images as well.

Thanks Mike!

Oct 20, 2013 at 05:16 PM
waldr_p
• • • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · My 5000th Post on FM

morris wrote:
It is super that you get to celibrate this milestone Paul. It is a pleasure sharing with you

Morris

Many thanks Morris,

Your posts always encourage me to think about how I can look at things differently so I can assure you the pleasure is all mine.

Paul.

Oct 20, 2013 at 05:18 PM
MS PHOTO
• • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · My 5000th Post on FM

Super duper set Paul, they are all awesome,congratz on your 5000 post, now lets go for 10,000.
Paul

Oct 20, 2013 at 05:19 PM
       3       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password