FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Not sure

jmraso
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Not sure

About the composition and blocked with the color (any cast or something ), I need it in colour not in B&W.

Please help !!!

http://www.jmraso.com/clientes/142.jpg

Jaime Raso

Oct 17, 2013 at 09:45 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Not sure

Doesn't work for me. Looks like you were the second photographer and she's looking at the primary. Shooting through the candles sort of looks like she's on fire or she's being stabbed with big red spikes. Not sure if you were primary or not but either way I'd toss this one.

Oct 17, 2013 at 09:50 AM
Mitch W
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Not sure

I want to like it, and I know what you were going for, but more than anything else this is throwing off a horror movie/Halloween vibe because of the blood red spikiness of the candles. What if you lessened the intensity/saturation of the red a little (that still might not do it though)? I guess the problem is that the candles are still too recognizable. Ideally whatever is in the foreground should be abstract.

Oct 17, 2013 at 09:54 AM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Not sure

I agree with Mitch that the biggest problem here is that the shapes are so recognizable. Compound that with the fact that they are pointy and red, it ends up being a distraction rather than a complementary compositional element.

What was the intent of the image? I'm curious about the decision process. Sometimes I do stuff like this too and then look back and say to myself, "what was i thinking??" -- not in a negative way, necessarily. More analytical, to determine the purpose and value of a given photograph when taken with such intent.

Oct 17, 2013 at 11:43 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Not sure

Sorry, but cut your loses and move on. Jim

Oct 17, 2013 at 12:15 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Not sure

Sorry for your loss.

Oct 17, 2013 at 12:20 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Not sure

I got it !!!

Thanks for the replies, very helpful.

Jaime

Oct 17, 2013 at 12:56 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.