Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Hendrik, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Photoshop CC not aking updates

John Skinner
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Photoshop CC not aking updates

I've searched all over the web, called Adobe, updated some part of the Adobe software, renamed a folder call OOBE, I've done everything to try and get the 14.1.2(?) update and the CC application just won't see any update there.

It's not like I didn't see this whole subscription thing having huge holes and bugs.. Just not on such an easy level as updates, and frankly, not so soon out fo the box.

Now that the 14.0 (CC) has been installed here. My CS6 has become unstable enough that the "core element" seems to want to crash and "stop working" too.. Adobe.. too big to lynch and too hard to find.

Oct 16, 2013 at 06:32 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Photoshop CC not aking updates

My CC works perfect and can see every update (maybe you do something wrong here) Do you know where to look for the updates in your CC app? And you can also update it from inside the help menu in Photoshop.
I also have the CS6 on the same PC. It also works perfect and it's very stable.

Oct 16, 2013 at 07:42 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Photoshop CC not aking updates

My CC downloads to the latest versions and almost everything works. I say almost because no matter what I try I can't get it to save animations.

Oct 17, 2013 at 05:16 AM
jonjack56

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Photoshop CC not aking updates

How to get the updates:

Look for the update in the Creative Cloud application and click “Update”. (Quit and restart the Creative Cloud application if you don’t see the update)
If you don’t have the Creative Cloud application running, start Photoshop and choose Help > Updates.
The Adobe Application Manager will launch. Select Adobe Photoshop CC and choose Update.

How to confirm that the Update worked:

In Photoshop, choose Help > About Photoshop (Win), or Photoshop > About Photoshop (Mac)
The version at the top should be Version: 14.1.2

Oct 17, 2013 at 06:43 AM
John Skinner
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Photoshop CC not aking updates

So the part where I said 'searched all over the web, called Adobe, deleted the OOBE folder.. Ya, that whole thing escaped you all...

Oct 18, 2013 at 05:39 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Photoshop CC not aking updates

John Skinner wrote:
So the part where I said 'searched all over the web, called Adobe, deleted the OOBE folder.. Ya, that whole thing escaped you all...

What are you searching all over the web for? What do you like to find? Why do you delete folders? And what kind of answers do you expect from the other people using the same software here?
Because it' working for everyone else without doing anything!! Today there where updates again. This time for the Adobe Typekit and syncing files to you cloud.

Oct 18, 2013 at 06:22 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Erik_J
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Photoshop CC not aking updates

Uninstall your software and after that install Photoshop and the CC app again.
The updates works perfectly in my software. So it must be you or your computer

Oct 18, 2013 at 09:28 AM
aubsxc
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Photoshop CC not aking updates

Lars Johnsson wrote:
What are you searching all over the web for? What do you like to find? Why do you delete folders? And what kind of answers do you expect from the other people using the same software here?
Because it' working for everyone else without doing anything!! Today there where updates again. This time for the Adobe Typekit and syncing files to you cloud.

Probably looking for ways to fix the problem? And find other people who may have experienced the same problem? Just because most people are not having issues does not mean some people aren't.

Oct 18, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Photoshop CC not aking updates

aubsxc wrote:
Probably looking for ways to fix the problem? And find other people who may have experienced the same problem? Just because most people are not having issues does not mean some people aren't.

I don't belive he will get better help with snotty replies And it's obvious that the update in the CC software works. So it have to be him or his computer.

Oct 18, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Photoshop CC not aking updates

Make a clean fresh install of your CC software again. And your Photoshop CC will not make your older CS6 unstable either. I have both and they work good as two seperate softwares

Oct 18, 2013 at 01:11 PM
John Skinner
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Photoshop CC not aking updates

Lars Johnsson wrote:
I don't belive he will get better help with snotty replies And it's obvious that the update in the CC software works. So it have to be him or his computer.

I would have thought that when a post is submitted outlining the SPECIFIC steps I took in order to rectify this issue, I would have received responses a little more 'in depth' than ' have you check you're update option' or, ' start the cloud and look'.. I've have been using this software before it was Ps... And computers since DOS 2.3

I deleted folders, because support from Adobe told me to do this in order to jump start the CC application to 're-inventory' the apps and updates I already have. This is a pretty large issue, and short of a total uninstall ( which I really don't want to have to do) I was wondering since the change over, if anyone else had had this issue. When speaking with Adobe, they stated ' we've seen issues like this that are computer/system specific, and we've seen them fixed in one simple step. But this is not a case where we've had enough time with the cloud to have a large database for issues in which to pull from. It's a one to one basis we're working from. ' (paraphrasing)

So if you felt my response was "snotty"... I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I was just looking for a more technical response to the question. Not a fight.

Oct 27, 2013 at 09:45 PM
jonm57

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Photoshop CC not aking updates

John, just a shot in the dark. If your running a PC, updates won't happen if you system clock is behind. What I mean is the Adobe update date needs to be after your system clock date or windows will see it as being in the future. You can check your system clock on the bottom right of your toolbar

Nov 05, 2013 at 01:37 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password