Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Camera bodies that sync with each other....takers?

NathanHamler
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Camera bodies that sync with each other....takers?

I was thinking, with cameras that have built in wifi lately, couldn't canon or nikon make a body that would talk to other bodies that you are carrying (or within a certain range) and sync settings between them? Or, at least, you could choose CERTAIN settings...namely (and i know we all train ourselves to do this, so i'm not saying i NEEEED this function), iso settings....like, you set your ISO on one body indoors, and then you move outside on the same body, so you change the ISO, but this function would change the ISO on the other body as well....you think it would be worth it to develop something like that? Or does that only benefit a small population? I think there are plenty of pro shooters who wield two bodies at once (not just wedding, but sports, journalists, etc), that if they added this to their top bodies, it could be a benefit....

Or even if you could GLOBALLY sync the settings from one body to another, with just one or two buttons....that way you get one body dialed in, you KNOW that the other body is set, without having to go through every custom function and check...

worth developing?

Oct 16, 2013 at 07:54 AM
RichardLavigne
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Camera bodies that sync with each other....takers?

sounds worthwhile and feasible given the current technology.... I'd use it.

Oct 16, 2013 at 09:05 AM
TRReichman
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Camera bodies that sync with each other....takers?

The only thing I'd be interested in would be time synching.

- trr

Oct 16, 2013 at 09:38 AM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Camera bodies that sync with each other....takers?

Nikon has trouble making cameras that focus properly and sensors that don't leak oil like an oil spill. Do we really want to give them more opportunities to mess things up?

Oct 16, 2013 at 09:46 AM
ai3x
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Camera bodies that sync with each other....takers?

This is one of the reasons why I wish camera manufactures would open up their firmware al-la magic lantern. I'm pretty sure people would come up with some awesome uses for the tech already in their camera.

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:04 AM
G-Gore
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Camera bodies that sync with each other....takers?

How about a feature which allows you to access previews of the images from the other camera. You could review what your 2nd photographer is capturing, or if you have remote camera, like at the sports events.

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:12 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.