New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Sony RX10

Craig Gillette
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Sony RX10

What I've seen said it didn't come with a remote and on the pics, identified the usb as for charging. It would be odd not to have a remote capability of some sort.

Oct 17, 2013 at 09:11 AM
EOS20
• • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Sony RX10

Imaging Resource Sony RX10 Preview:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/camera-reviews/sony/rx10/

Oct 19, 2013 at 09:39 AM
EOS20
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Sony RX10

Some RX10 Samples:

http://www.dcfever.com/sony/readnews.php?f=3&id=9213

Oct 20, 2013 at 04:00 PM
DavidWEGS
[X]
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Sony RX10

You in the market for this?

Looks pretty interesting other than its size.

Oct 20, 2013 at 04:06 PM
EOS20
• • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Sony RX10

DavidWEGS wrote:
You in the market for this?

Looks pretty interesting other than its size.

Not at the current price (It is $1500 here in Australia!), but maybe if the price comes down.

I'm looking at getting a A7 though.

Oct 20, 2013 at 04:30 PM
Craig Gillette
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Sony RX10

It's not a whole lot bigger than my Fuji S602 was, albeit, it's about a half pound heavier. While not happy with the price, it's not unsurprising given the cost of an rx100 if one adds the finder and considering the upticks in lens specs, usefully wider and 2x the 100mm equivalent at the long end. However, it's clearly in the NEX price range and the lens selection flexibility is likely to be important to some users. I want to see how well it performs optically.

I've used power zooms in the past and might be able to get used to it again. It will be interesting to see how it handles in MF or DMF settings.

The presence of filter rings and the 62mm diameter may mean it's closer to being easily used with my existing filters and less concern about magnetic or other adapters and "lens" strength like with the RX100s.

Oct 20, 2013 at 07:00 PM
EOS20
• • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Sony RX10

lsquare wrote:

I agree, but the Sony Remotes are expensive and proprietary anyway, you can use a smartphone as a remote, and there is a screw on the shutter button for a mechanical shutter release cable so at least there are a few options unlike on the original RX100 and it's good to see a proper filter thread on the lens.

Are you absolutely sure that the RX10 won't support a wire remote? I know it'll work with a mechanical remote, but which one will work with the RX10?

The RX10 is compatible with the RM-VPR1 Remote.

Oct 22, 2013 at 06:30 AM
EOS20
• • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Sony RX10

Sony Cyber-shot RX10 Real-world Samples:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/10/30/sony-cyber-shot-rx10-real-world-samples?utm_campaign=internal-link&utm_source=news-list&utm_medium=text&ref=title_0_0

Oct 30, 2013 at 02:33 PM
DavidWEGS
[X]
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Sony RX10

I think they are better than the RX100.

Thoughts?

Oct 30, 2013 at 02:43 PM
trale

p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Sony RX10

The dpreview samples are "meh". Not sure if the camera is to blame, or the photographer. Looks like shots taken by some lazy tourist shooting at anything and everything with no thought of composition, lighting, etc.

IR has better samples, but still nothing that justifies the price of this camera.
http://www.imaging-resource.com/camera-reviews/sony/rx10/sony-rx10GALLERY.HTM

Hoping for much better photos from someone who cares about what they're shooting.

Oct 30, 2013 at 04:26 PM
millsart
• • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Sony RX10

DavidWEGS wrote:
I think they are better than the RX100.

Thoughts?

Probably better lens overall I'm sure, but I don't think the improvement looks worth the huge cost and size premium over the RX100

RX100 IQ isn't amazing, but its the best IQ in a true pocket camera. If your willing to carrying something that isn't pocket size I think there are a lot of other options on the market rather than a 1" sensor

Oct 30, 2013 at 06:32 PM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.