39              122       123       end

Archive 2013 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

chez
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.38 #1 · p.38 #1 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

Pixel Perfect wrote:
That we know of yet.

With my 5D III I only complain about the lack of EC in M mode with Auto ISO, so they must be making even better cameras I guess

See unlike you guys, even though I know the Canon sensors aren't the ducks guts, I just get on with shooting rather than flog the dead horse. I'm not going to change a whole system for a sensor, just to find the system falls short in different areas. For all the hate plenty of you guys haven't changed systems either, but just keep harping on about how bad
...Show more

The beauty of the Sony system is you don't have to "change a whole system"...just purchase the camera and adapter and use your favorite Canon lens. With this, you get leading edge sensor technology and still able to use existing gear...a win.

Oh...I think we have been working around Canon's old sensor tech for the last few years. Now we have an option...which is always good.

Nov 04, 2013 at 08:14 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.38 #2 · p.38 #2 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

mttran wrote:
Things are not too complicate in life until i visit this forum. These tideous nonsense can't make your day, can't they. But im sure it does make your head hurt. It just another tool, c'mon gentlement.

Yep, the more tool options the better. I see zero negatives with this new Sony camera.

Nov 04, 2013 at 08:16 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.38 #3 · p.38 #3 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

Gunzorro wrote:
I'm struck by how much this photo seems to show a continuation of the Contax/Zeiss models and optics, but updated to the AF era. Not many have mentioned this in all the discussion.

I'm warming up to this model. Maybe it won't be perfect for every subject, but it's a big step up in IQ for right now. We'll just have to see what the price tag is with a couple Zeiss FE lenses, the battery grip, and Canon adapter. Grrrrrr. . . I know that's not the answer I want to hear!

+1, Instead of those boring sony vs canon vs nikon nonsense. Like Jim, bring the best subject like this to forum for our discussion.

Nov 04, 2013 at 08:18 PM
Glenn NK
• • •
p.38 #4 · p.38 #4 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

Pixel Perfect wrote:
That we know of yet.

With my 5D III I only complain about the lack of EC in M mode with Auto ISO, so they must be making even better cameras I guess

See unlike you guys, even though I know the Canon sensors aren't the ducks guts, I just get on with shooting rather than flog the dead horse. I'm not going to change a whole system for a sensor, just to find the system falls short in different areas. For all the hate plenty of you guys haven't changed systems either, but just keep harping on about how bad
...Show more

LMAO.

I'm sure the grass must be greener over there somewhere?

Nov 04, 2013 at 08:18 PM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.38 #5 · p.38 #5 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

chez wrote:
I have a 5D2 which I use without grip at least 80% of the time...but when I am going to be shooting a lot of vertical oriented photos, the grip goes on.

Totally. And there's the difference - of what I shoot less than 2% is vert. I don't much like 35mm in vert - 4x5 is different story.

Nov 04, 2013 at 08:24 PM
artd
• • •
p.38 #6 · p.38 #6 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

jctriguy wrote:
What do you mean by "won't be bigger than a DSLR"? If will certainly be taller than a DSLR. I don't think you can even remotely claim that the A7 with grip is now a 'small FF camera'.

Taller, sure. But not wider, not thicker, and not heavier. And not permanently attached

That's why I can't figure out the whole "but it makes it bigger" complaint. Of course it makes it bigger...that's what grips are supposed to do! It expands the capability of the body. It provides more flexibility and lets the user decide which functionality is important to them.

Nov 04, 2013 at 08:30 PM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.38 #7 · p.38 #7 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

chez wrote:
Oh...I think we have been working around Canon's old sensor tech for the last few years. Now we have an option...which is always good.

I've been loving Canon's old sensor tech the last few years. High ISO has gotten better and better every iteration of the 1D bodies.

Nov 04, 2013 at 08:34 PM
jctriguy
• • •
p.38 #8 · p.38 #8 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

artd wrote:
Taller, sure. But not wider, not thicker, and not heavier. And not permanently attached

That's why I can't figure out the whole "but it makes it bigger" complaint. Of course it makes it bigger...that's what grips are supposed to do! It expands the capability of the body. It provides more flexibility and lets the user decide which functionality is important to them.

So why say it is still smaller than a DSLR?? If you want the grip, use it. But, why try and pretend that is somehow smaller? Same as others pretending that you can get a A7r for $2k. If it is so great, why do you need to pretend that it is 1k less than it actually is??

Nov 04, 2013 at 08:38 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.38 #9 · p.38 #9 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

ggreene wrote:
I've been loving Canon's old sensor tech the last few years. High ISO has gotten better and better every iteration of the 1D bodies.

Yeh, they have done a good job at high ISO levels, but have forgotten the base ISO. I shoot at base ISO 95% of the time.

Nov 04, 2013 at 08:44 PM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.38 #10 · p.38 #10 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

Yeh, they have done a good job at high ISO levels, but have forgotten the base ISO. I shoot at base ISO 95% of the time.

No doubt about it, but they have been improving their sensor tech right along nonetheless and I have a feeling their ROI is much better for high ISO then low ISO DR. Let's hope they do make some strides forward though on it.

Nov 04, 2013 at 09:03 PM
artsupreme
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.38 #11 · p.38 #11 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

jctriguy wrote:
Are you opposed to progress? Do you accept the same old technology rebadged and sold as new? If the mirrorless world wants to take a real bite out of SLR, they need to address the limitations.

No one would opt for the battery life of the original 1D body. I have one and it is horrible for batteries. My 7D gets well over 2500 shots during a sports event (no LCD review). There are legitimate needs for battery life, especially if you only want one camera body.

Adding the grip and a bunch of extra batteries completely removed the benefit of a
...Show more

This proves you are not the target market for this body, nor do you seem understand it's purpose in the Canon camp. People here are not considering it as their only camera body that "can do it all" and take 2500 shots like the 7D. Not. This a supplemental body for LS'ers and high MP/DR junkies who want to capture images with DR/MP that no other Canon body can currently provide, period. If we want 2500 shots, 1.6x, and noisy IQ we can pull out our 7D's, but no thanks. People are looking for the exact opposite, and Sony happened to fill that niche and a great price point.

All this deflections about batteries/grip/charger is nonsense. You can get a battery charger for $9.99 and batteries for $13.99, and they go up from there.

If you want an all-in-one camera from Canon with similar sensor/performance and pro AF/Battery you'll be waiting a long time (let's hope not). Be prepared for the price too Canon has been rebadging their old sensor tech for the last 6yrs now. You spoke of rebadging? Canon is the king of rebadging.

Nov 04, 2013 at 09:07 PM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.38 #12 · p.38 #12 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

ggreene wrote:
I have a feeling their ROI is much better for high ISO then low ISO DR. Let's hope they do make some strides forward though on it.

Yep, 1600iso is the new 400iso!

Nov 04, 2013 at 09:12 PM
galenapass
• • • • •
p.38 #13 · p.38 #13 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

ggreene wrote:

But has DR gotten better?

Nov 04, 2013 at 10:06 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
[X]
p.38 #14 · p.38 #14 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

galenapass wrote:
But has DR gotten better?

since when has dynamic range stopped photographers?

Nov 04, 2013 at 10:35 PM
tsdevine
• • • • •
p.38 #15 · p.38 #15 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

Since when has anything stopped photographers?

Nov 04, 2013 at 10:40 PM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
[X]
p.38 #16 · p.38 #16 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

tsdevine wrote:
Since when has anything stopped photographers?

ohhh, you've got a point, my friend!

Nov 04, 2013 at 10:44 PM
tsdevine
• • • • •
p.38 #17 · p.38 #17 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

a.RodriguezPix wrote:
ohhh, you've got a point, my friend!

Nov 04, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
p.38 #18 · p.38 #18 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

Imaging resources A7R review. In camera jpgs compared to A7, 5D III, D800E, 645D, RX1R.
Looks like Sony's in camera jpg processing is now very good. Gives the 645D a run for it's money. Does a little better than D800E in some areas, others a little behind.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/camera-reviews/sony/a7r/

Nov 05, 2013 at 04:06 AM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.38 #19 · p.38 #19 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

Pixel Perfect wrote:
Imaging resources A7R review. In camera jpgs compared to A7, 5D III, D800E, 645D, RX1R.
Looks like Sony's in camera jpg processing is now very good. Gives the 645D a run for it's money. Does a little better than D800E in some areas, others a little behind.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/camera-reviews/sony/a7r/

Great test

Nov 05, 2013 at 06:38 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.38 #20 · p.38 #20 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

But no performance section yet?

Nov 05, 2013 at 07:01 AM
1       2       3              37      

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              37      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.