Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              109      
       111              116       117       end

Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

KatManDEW

Upload & Sell: Off
p.110 #1 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

Another question: Will I need to upgrade my Lightroon 4.4 to use the a7R raw files? And if so, will I be able to get a compatable version of ACR to use with PS CS6, so I don't have to "render with Lightroom" when sending files from Lightroom to PS CS6?

Thanks for the help.

Mar 20, 2014 at 03:10 PM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.110 #2 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

KatManDEW wrote:
Thanks for the links! Is the metabones still the best adapter? Do I need the L braket for tripod mounting?

I think I'm about to fall for this deal...

Yes, Metabones III for $399. I don't use a L bracket and have no issue mounting the adapter with its tripod support on my tripod.

Mar 20, 2014 at 04:42 PM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.110 #3 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

KatManDEW wrote:
Another question: Will I need to upgrade my Lightroon 4.4 to use the a7R raw files? And if so, will I be able to get a compatable version of ACR to use with PS CS6, so I don't have to "render with Lightroom" when sending files from Lightroom to PS CS6?

Thanks for the help.

I only know that you need to update LR 5.0 to LR 5.3 to be able to get the A7R RAW file support. I believe you would also need to get the CS6 Update to be able to read the RAW files in PS.

Mar 20, 2014 at 04:44 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.110 #4 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

KatManDEW wrote:
Without reading through this entire (fascinating) thread, can anyone tell me how much the trade-in rebate is worth?

It looks like this deal is still on this morning:
Sony A7R ($1,838), A7 ($1,238)

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1281471

Mar 20, 2014 at 06:46 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.110 #5 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

retrofocus wrote:
I only know that you need to update LR 5.0 to LR 5.3 to be able to get the A7R RAW file support. I believe you would also need to get the CS6 Update to be able to read the RAW files in PS.

You will need to upgrade to the latest Adobe Lightroom v5.3.

Mar 20, 2014 at 06:46 PM
KatManDEW

p.110 #6 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

I saw the discount earlier today, but it's gone now Had it in my basket at the discount price and I was going to order it this evening, but the discount is gone now

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:25 AM
KatManDEW

p.110 #7 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

How is the a7R for general purpose walk-around shooting?

Mar 21, 2014 at 01:09 AM
secondclaw
• •
p.110 #8 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

KatManDEW wrote:
How is the a7R for general purpose walk-around shooting?

This may not be a popular opinion, but to me, its lousy. Too slow and noisy to me.

Mar 21, 2014 at 01:34 AM
KatManDEW

p.110 #9 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

secondclaw wrote:
This may not be a popular opinion, but to me, its lousy. Too slow and noisy to me.

What do you mean by noisy? Image noise? At what ISO?

Mar 21, 2014 at 10:30 PM
secondclaw
• •
p.110 #10 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

KatManDEW wrote:
What do you mean by noisy? Image noise? At what ISO?

Physical noise, shutter ...
To me part of a general walkabout lens is being inconspicuous, on the street, during concerts, etc. And this one isn't ...

Mar 22, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

KatManDEW

p.110 #11 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

secondclaw wrote:
Physical noise, shutter ...
To me part of a general walkabout lens is being inconspicuous, on the street, during concerts, etc. And this one isn't ...

I can understand that. Thanks.

With proper technique and sufficient shutter speed, can it obtain reasonably sharp shots hand held, for walk around and general purpose event photography?

Mar 22, 2014 at 12:20 AM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.110 #12 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

Yesterday i was shooting the A7r with the metabones III + 500F4. TWICE when i went to change the ISO, the camera would just stop responding..no image on lcd, none of the buttons would work..I had to turn the camera off and turn it back on.

Anyone else experience this?

The A7r is upgraded to the latest firmware.

Mar 31, 2014 at 05:49 PM
secondclaw
• •
p.110 #13 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

Sunny Sra wrote:
Yesterday i was shooting the A7r with the metabones III + 500F4. TWICE when i went to change the ISO, the camera would just stop responding..no image on lcd, none of the buttons would work..I had to turn the camera off and turn it back on.

Anyone else experience this?

The A7r is upgraded to the latest firmware.

Yes I have had that happen, on original firmware. It's pretty rare and happened only with Canon 24-70mm mk2.

Mar 31, 2014 at 07:51 PM
supermario343
• • •
p.110 #14 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

Im really thinking about getting an A7r to use for landscapes and of course I would get the metabones adapter. How do people like this combo with their canon L lenses?
My current lenses are...
24-70L II, Sig 35,85L II, 100L, 200 f/2L IS

Just wondering if it will be worth it to get the A7r...I would mainly be using it for landscape work and still portraits. Thanks and any input is appreciated!

Apr 02, 2014 at 02:44 AM
secondclaw
• •
p.110 #15 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

supermario343 wrote:
Im really thinking about getting an A7r to use for landscapes and of course I would get the metabones adapter. How do people like this combo with their canon L lenses?
My current lenses are...

Just wondering if it will be worth it to get the A7r...I would mainly be using it for landscape work and still portraits. Thanks and any input is appreciated!

I'm not sure about worth (to each their own), but I do have 24-70L II, and it's really fantastic as a landscape lens on the A7R. As long as adapter is flocked to reduce reflections (doesn't seem to help except maybe for TS-E lenses) and you compose to ensure there are no flares (which could be massive on occasion). I usually keep the lens at MF and set to infinity marker, so I don't bother focusing when doing landscape work, and now that I know where to look for flares, I can avoid them most of the time. The lens shines on this AA-less sensor, and detail is incredible. For me at least, its sharp corner to corner, at least at f8-11 where I usually am with landscapes. I have Zeiss 21 ZE, and though its also pretty fantastic, I use it less and less as 24-70 II is just that good, and really only ever take it out when I need 21mm.

Apr 02, 2014 at 03:40 AM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.110 #16 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

supermario343 wrote:
My current lenses are...

You can read Freds review. Just click on the REVIEWS button on top or the 1st post in this thread also has a link to it.

Apr 02, 2014 at 04:20 AM
mttran
• • • • •
p.110 #17 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

After all the good feedback from A7R owners here, I got mine couple days ago. The image quality of the A7R and canon primer is really awesome. Small package is a plus for my traveling as well. Thank you everyone.

Apr 02, 2014 at 06:06 AM
supermario343
• • •
p.110 #18 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

I will read more into the a7r and maybe make the plunge. The extra megapixels would be nice with the canon L's

Apr 02, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Tony B
• • •
p.110 #19 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

supermario343 wrote:
I will read more into the a7r and maybe make the plunge. The extra megapixels would be nice with the canon L's

I have read & read & re-read, held in my hand etc but there are too many minor issues for me to take the plunge. If I did Canon would bring out something that appealed. Maybe I should take a hit for all those awaiting the 5DmkIII upgrade. I hate to say it but the D800E + 14-24 appeals more & my photographic budget grows monthly but I just have a feeling of unease about the Sony. So much so that I doubt if I would like it even if I bought it.
Happy shooting to all those enjoying the A7r.

Apr 02, 2014 at 11:03 PM
tsdevine
• • •
p.110 #20 · Sony A7 and A7r Full Frame with Canon Lenses

Thanks, been loving it. But different strokes for different folks. :-)

-Tim

Apr 02, 2014 at 11:09 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password