Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              60      
61
       62              194       195       end
  

Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless
  
 
theophilus
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.61 #1 · p.61 #1 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless


uhoh7 wrote:
haha too few blades, eh?

Houston, I have a temp fix for that: f/2.8

I've also got lenses that make rounder openings or less so at various apertures.

Might actually have to learn the quirks to get the best results, heaven forbid.

Now here's a piece of glass I predict is going to take no prisoners on the A7s, cheap too:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5008/5308575585_a072f2f1ff_z.jpg


what lens is that?



Nov 12, 2013 at 05:28 PM
Lee Saxon
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #2 · p.61 #2 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless


adamdewilde wrote:
All subjective of course, but anything else different about the two cameras, that I should take into consideration, before I go out and buy one??


The A7r has a magnesium top and front frame while the A7 has only top, which may make the former a little more rigid with heavier lenses. We still don't know which sensor will handle less-than-telecentric older rangefinder lenses better. That's it. I would say if you have a clear feeling on which sensor's look you prefer, that's unquestionably the factor to make your decision on.



Nov 12, 2013 at 05:31 PM
fotoingo2
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #3 · p.61 #3 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless


formula4speed wrote:
Have there been any images/impressions from the cheap 28-70 kit lens available with the A7?

I realize it's probably not very interesting to the crowd here, but if it is a decent performer I'd consider it for what it costs.


There are very few pictures out there right now.

I ordered the Kit A7+Kitlens and hope it will be as good as the Fuji X 18-55mm 2,8-4.
Then I will keep it for the times when I dont want to swap lenses all the time.
It costs just a few bucks more to order the Kit so if the 28-80 is decent it would be a steal.



Nov 12, 2013 at 05:33 PM
Makten
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.61 #4 · p.61 #4 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless


Tariq Gibran wrote:
Like I said though, I suspect this is a worst case scenario. It's going to look different at various subject distances and might actually look better in this case with the lens stopped down some (the bokeh may improve upon stopping down a little).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/khunpid/10799713185/


Are you kidding? That bokeh looks fantastic in my opinion. But I know from my own testing that it's much worse at a couple of meters, which is not the case with the RX1 lens.



Nov 12, 2013 at 05:34 PM
cputeq
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #5 · p.61 #5 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless


Everything I have heard or read (not from forums) indicates the kit lens isn't very impressive, which would line up with Sony's other kit performances. I wouldn't expect Fuji performance.

Hope it is good, but I went with body only to save $300.



Nov 12, 2013 at 05:37 PM
zhangyue
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #6 · p.61 #6 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless


Makten wrote:
Are you kidding? That bokeh looks fantastic in my opinion. But I know from my own testing that it's much worse at a couple of meters, which is not the case with the RX1 lens.

+1 for the hot pepper shot. They looks better than most 35mm lens out there. I can visualize the contrast in Bokeh can be improved by simple reduction of contrast.



Nov 12, 2013 at 05:43 PM
serhan_
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.61 #7 · p.61 #7 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless


Maybe not that bad, see Tim Ashley's comments and samples (posted on the last page):
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1247655/59#11928326

He thinks it is better then other Sony kit lenses...

cputeq wrote:
Everything I have heard or read (not from forums) indicates the kit lens isn't very impressive, which would line up with Sony's other kit performances. I wouldn't expect Fuji performance.

Hope it is good, but I went with body only to save $300.




Nov 12, 2013 at 05:45 PM
fotoingo2
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #8 · p.61 #8 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless


uhoh7 wrote:
In the right hands, the 45 can have a wonderful boca----but you gotta watch the leaves, Or any sharp edges/colors.


+1 to that !

I like the bokeh most of the time.

For example on this picture :
G45-leaves-summer




Nov 12, 2013 at 05:45 PM
Jochenb
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.61 #9 · p.61 #9 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless


This only proves once again how we all have a different idea of what nice bokeh is.


Nov 12, 2013 at 06:12 PM
Tariq Gibran
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #10 · p.61 #10 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless


Makten wrote:
Are you kidding? That bokeh looks fantastic in my opinion. But I know from my own testing that it's much worse at a couple of meters, which is not the case with the RX1 lens.



Yeah, I guess there really is no accounting for taste....er, I mean bokeh is subjective. ha ha.

So, it get's worse. hmm.



Nov 12, 2013 at 06:16 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



DamonJoyce
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #11 · p.61 #11 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless


Just an FYI - When the cameras were first announced, they were ineligible for any sort of employee purchase program. I checked again, and they're now eligible, and show an estimate of "delivery on or before 12/01/2013".

Just cancelled my Amazon order.



Nov 12, 2013 at 07:20 PM
Makten
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.61 #12 · p.61 #12 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless


Tariq Gibran wrote:
Yeah, I guess there really is no accounting for taste....er, I mean bokeh is subjective. ha ha.


Of course, but what did you expect? The blur discs are very evenly illuminated with only a tiny bit of "outlining", that can be much, much worse with many well regarded 35 mm lenses wide open.

So, it get's worse. hmm.

Yes, like sort of all lenses. Except for a few, like the Zeiss Planars.



Nov 12, 2013 at 07:28 PM
Jeff Kott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #13 · p.61 #13 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless


DamonJoyce wrote:
Just an FYI - When the cameras were first announced, they were ineligible for any sort of employee purchase program. I checked again, and they're now eligible, and show an estimate of "delivery on or before 12/01/2013".

Just cancelled my Amazon order.


I'm not clear on what point you're trying to make. Did you cancel your Amazon order because you can get an employee discount somewhere else or you don't want the camera?



Nov 12, 2013 at 07:31 PM
Tariq Gibran
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #14 · p.61 #14 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless


Makten wrote:
Of course, but what did you expect? The blur discs are very evenly illuminated with only a tiny bit of "outlining", that can be much, much worse with many well regarded 35 mm lenses wide open.


I expected it to render like a slower RX1 Sonnar. That's obviously not the case.



Nov 12, 2013 at 07:36 PM
shelt
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.61 #15 · p.61 #15 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless


Looks like the a7 and a7r are being sold as of today in
Korea!



Nov 12, 2013 at 07:40 PM
DamonJoyce
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #16 · p.61 #16 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless


I cancelled my Amazon order now that I can get it at a discounted price direct through Sony.

Jeff Kott wrote:
I'm not clear on what point you're trying to make. Did you cancel your Amazon order because you can get an employee discount somewhere else or you don't want the camera?




Nov 12, 2013 at 07:41 PM
lumis beans
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #17 · p.61 #17 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless


DamonJoyce wrote:
Just an FYI - When the cameras were first announced, they were ineligible for any sort of employee purchase program. I checked again, and they're now eligible, and show an estimate of "delivery on or before 12/01/2013".

Just cancelled my Amazon order.


Well, I don't work for Sony, but the FF's have already been released in Korea from what I gather in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLaTEyuG414&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DrLaTEyuG414&app=desktop

I'm surprised Sony got it out so quick. Korean forums should be on fire soon.



Nov 12, 2013 at 07:46 PM
Makten
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.61 #18 · p.61 #18 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless


Tariq Gibran wrote:
I expected it to render like a slower RX1 Sonnar. That's obviously not the case.


Good point. That's one of the few lenses I can come to think of that is smoother. To me, it felt a bit "sterile" because of that.

Edit: Perhaps they wanted the lens to be as sharp as possible, which with the minimal size and weight didn't allow a "better" bokeh. The RX1 lens is probably much heavier if you unscrew it from the camera (yes, f/2 makes a difference, but anyway).


Edited on Nov 12, 2013 at 07:50 PM · View previous versions



Nov 12, 2013 at 07:47 PM
naturephoto1
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #19 · p.61 #19 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless


lumis beans wrote:
Well, I don't work for Sony, but the FF's have already been released in Korea from what I gather in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLaTEyuG414&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DrLaTEyuG414&app=desktop

I'm surprised Sony got it out so quick. Korean forums should be on fire soon.


And unfortunately Leica is still unable to fill their pre-orders for the M240m

Rich



Nov 12, 2013 at 07:49 PM
ebrandon
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.61 #20 · p.61 #20 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless


My LAEA3 and LAEA4 adapters from B&H show "in stock", shipping from warehouse imminently.



Nov 12, 2013 at 07:50 PM
1       2       3              60      
61
       62              194       195       end




FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              60      
61
       62              194       195       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password