Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              185      
       187              194       195       end

Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

schlotz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.186 #1 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

Bet it's the mount between adapter and the A7r. Does it have a further position if pressure applied? Noticed that with mine. A VERY SLIGHT twist back and connections seem to work fine.

Matt

Apr 01, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.186 #2 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

schlotz wrote:
Bet it's the mount between adapter and the A7r. Does it have a further position if pressure applied? Noticed that with mine. A VERY SLIGHT twist back and connections seem to work fine.

Matt

It could be. This happened to another user as well, but with the 24-70 II.

Apr 01, 2014 at 03:24 PM
serhan_
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.186 #3 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

I had the same issue w/ contax g af adapter. I replaced my first A7R due to this and second was similar. First one was loosing af responsiveness, second camera shuts down. Compared to nex 6, A7R has a looser mount when I tried the lenses on both. However I have no problem w/ Metabones III.

Apr 02, 2014 at 02:33 AM
taz_k

p.186 #4 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

Hi,

A few weeks ago I bought a Sony A7. I have two questions:
1. I've noticed that I fairly often is able to trigger moire patterns. Is this something others are seeing as well? Anyone got a link to where it's discussed/documented?

2. I got a really strange pattern in this photo on the jacket. What is the cause of this? Lens is Sony FE 55/1.8.

Crop:

Many thanks in advance!
/Kristoffer

Apr 02, 2014 at 05:10 PM
ebrandon
• • •
p.186 #5 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

taz_k wrote:

Hi,

A few weeks ago I bought a Sony A7. I have two questions:
1. I've noticed that I fairly often is able to trigger moire patterns. Is this something others are seeing as well? Anyone got a link to where it's discussed/documented?

2. I got a really strange pattern in this photo on the jacket. What is the cause of this? Lens is Sony FE 55/1.8.
http://www.kristofferkarlsson.se/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/DSC00787.jpg

Crop:
http://www.kristofferkarlsson.se/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/DSC00787_small.jpg

Many thanks in advance!
/Kristoffer

First look carefully at your camera and make sure there isn't a little "r" beside the 7. If you've done that and confirmed that you have an A7, the problem is that your 55mm is too sharp and you are indeed getting moire. I recommend returning it and replacing it with a 50 year old Canon LTM 50mm f1.2, you'll not only be gaining a full stop of light, but the spherical aberration and manual focusing errors will take care of that moire problem for you.

Apr 02, 2014 at 06:22 PM
snapsy
• • • •
p.186 #6 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

When the color bands hit your eye like a gross cranberry pie, that's a-moiré.

Apr 02, 2014 at 06:25 PM
JaKo
• • •
p.186 #7 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

ebrandon wrote:
First look carefully at your camera and make sure there isn't a little "r" beside the 7. If you've done that and confirmed that you have an A7, the problem is that your 55mm is too sharp and you are indeed getting moire. I recommend returning it and replacing it with a 50 year old Canon LTM 50mm f1.2, you'll not only be gaining a full stop of light, but the spherical aberration and manual focusing errors will take care of that moire problem for you.

Or just get the 36MP, AA-less 'R' version...
In the worst case, Kristoffer, buy a different jacket.

Apr 02, 2014 at 06:44 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.186 #8 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

yup, your problem is the lens is too sharp. if you stop it down to f/16 or so the problem will go away.

the a7 has a relatively weak AA filter it's easy to provoke moire from, but the moire isn't has strong as what you would get with the a7r.

Apr 02, 2014 at 07:03 PM
FlyPenFly
• • • • •
p.186 #9 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

So I just ordered an A7 for a pretty sweet price. Still planning on keeping my E-M1.

Looking for a wide angle fast lens that doesn't cost much more than a Rokinon 14mm F2.8. Not a fan of the huge size, no filters, and vignetting on it. Anything between 14 and 21mm is fine, any recommendations? Needs to be at leat F2.8 for the specific astroscape use I have in mind.

Apr 02, 2014 at 07:18 PM
briantho
• • •
p.186 #10 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

FlyPenFly wrote:
So I just ordered an A7 for a pretty sweet price. Still planning on keeping my E-M1.

Looking for a wide angle fast lens that doesn't cost much more than a Rokinon 14mm F2.8. Not a fan of the huge size, no filters, and vignetting on it. Anything between 14 and 21mm is fine, any recommendations? Needs to be at leat F2.8 for the specific astroscape use I have in mind.

So you want a fast FF wide angle at the price of the Rokinon 14mm f2.8... Good luck!

The Voigtländer 15mm f/4.5 is probobly the cheapest solution, but it's not fast, and it's not as cheap as the Rokinon.

Grats on the A7 btw.

Apr 02, 2014 at 07:39 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

philshoots
• • •
p.186 #11 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

Sunny,
Very keen to learn how you get on with this lens pairing. Please keep us posted. Looking forward to seeing long lens A7r examples. Good luck with it!
Phil
Sunny Sra wrote:
I posted this in canon forum, thought i'd cross post it here to see if anyone else has had this issue

Yesterday i was shooting the A7r with the metabones III + 500F4. TWICE when i went to change the ISO, the camera would just stop responding..no image on lcd, none of the buttons would work..I had to turn the camera off and turn it back on.

Anyone else experience this?

The A7r is upgraded to the latest firmware.

Apr 02, 2014 at 08:56 PM
rittrato
• •
p.186 #12 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

Maybe I got a bad copy of lens but the 55 1.8 and A7 did not impress me but the A7R and 55 1.8 I have now is really amazing. The clarity, micro contrast and sharpness is mind blowing. That 36 MP sensor is something else.

Apr 02, 2014 at 10:18 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.186 #13 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

philshoots wrote:
Sunny,
Very keen to learn how you get on with this lens pairing. Please keep us posted. Looking forward to seeing long lens A7r examples. Good luck with it!
Phil

Here you go

A7R+metabones+500F4. ISO 1250 (forgot to change it down to 100)

Crop, unsharpend

A7R+metabones+500F4. ISO 1250 (forgot to change it down to 100)

Crop, unsharpend

A7R+metabones+500F4. ISO 200

Edited on Apr 02, 2014 at 11:05 PM · View previous versions

Apr 02, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.186 #14 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

3 more

Apr 02, 2014 at 11:02 PM
philshoots
• • •
p.186 #15 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

Thanks for the swift response, lovely images. Are you using any additional support/bracket for the body? Thanks again.
Phil

Apr 03, 2014 at 06:56 AM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.186 #16 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

No I'm not. The lens is mounted on the side kick

Apr 03, 2014 at 07:26 AM
pixelreaper
• •
p.186 #17 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

FlyPenFly wrote:

Hi FlyPenFly

I can highly recomend the Fdn 20mm f/2.8. Not sure about wideopen astroscape, but stopped down it's awesome. Nice and lightweight too!

Dimitri

Apr 03, 2014 at 06:56 PM
Dpedraza
• • •
p.186 #18 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

finally got my a7 rental.. A weird thing if you flip the camera upside and shoot your image still comes out normal...

Jury is still out whether I want to drop the ball and buy one

Apr 03, 2014 at 07:05 PM
serhan_
• •
p.186 #19 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

Interview with Naoki Miyagawa, designer of the 55mm f1.8 & 70-200 f4

In E-mount, SEL 24mm f/1.8, Sonnar T * 35mm f/2.8 ZA FE, and FE Sonnar T * 55mm f/1.8 ZA all have similar optical formula. We had a choice between several optical formulas, including the widespread Planar. The Planar is a practical design for its simplicity of implementation and excellent optical performance with easy to obtain a large aperture lens. By cons, it has two drawbacks:.. Because symmetry is essential, all lenses must move simultaneously when doing development. Secondly, it tends to keep prisoners stray light. The Sonnar allows internal focusing and naturally redirects stray light towards the outside, which provides...Show more

"In addition to trade agreements, engineers Carl Zeiss help us a lot from their experience of quality control. We are Japanese, but the Germans are even more stringent than us!" A little later, he confided to us that "in Japan, regardless of the brand for which we work, almost all optical engineers are fascinated by Carl Zeiss and Leica. Besides producing technically superb goals, there is a touch and emotion in the rendering of German picture we would love to discover the secret. "During the conversation, he recognized that" yes, it is quite ironic that the German engineers apply the very...Show more

"At the moment, Japan, and especially Sony, we focus primarily on the definition and bokeh. With 36 million pixels on the Alpha 7R, we have no room for error. For bokeh We have worked to minimize what we call the "onion rings", these halos around light concentric rings of light blur background. should not neglect the bokeh, especially for a goal as the Sonnar 55 mm f/1.8 which is especially designed to be used at full aperture. We have, for example, designed the diaphragm so that it is as round as possible, for a very vague and creamy background. This is...Show more

"Leica, for us, Japanese engineers, is a legendary name. I do not know if my pronunciation is good, but I think it's Peter Karbe . I agree entirely with his philosophy when he explains that opening is for depth of field, not to manage the light. " (Mr. Karbe, current director of the department of Leica optics, was the father of Summilux he was holding.) A story that ultimately reminiscent of young Naoki, who would draw the dream "if I had not time constraints or budget, a 85 mm f/1.4 or even f/1.2 in mount E. One day perhaps ... "

Apr 05, 2014 at 08:29 PM
DamonJoyce
• •
p.186 #20 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

FlyPenFly wrote:

I love the nFD 20/2.8, but it does have some coma wide open:

Apr 05, 2014 at 09:27 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password