Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              170      
       172              194       195       end

Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

carstenw
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.171 #1 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

You could try first the EOS - E mount adapter, with a body cap on it. If no light, then add the other adapter...

Feb 03, 2014 at 02:06 PM
serhan_
• •
p.171 #2 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

Different wide angle options (Zeiss 21mm, CV 21mm, OM 18mm, Samyang/Canon 14mm, etc) tested on A7r (not my blog):
http://verybiglobo.blogspot.com/2014/01/sony-alpha-a7-ilce-7-and-sony-alpha-a7r_30.html

Feb 05, 2014 at 02:47 PM
wfrank
• • • •
p.171 #3 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

serhan_ wrote:
Different wide angle options (Zeiss 21mm, CV 21mm, OM 18mm, Samyang/Canon 14mm, etc) tested on A7r (not my blog):
http://verybiglobo.blogspot.com/2014/01/sony-alpha-a7-ilce-7-and-sony-alpha-a7r_30.html

Strange review format. Supertiny non-telling images and CV21 dismissed because of the hood (?) while the Rokkor 21 is recommended. When I had it I liked the colors but it ended with that except I thought it was the coolest looking thing I've ever put on the NEX. Both are inferior to a Distagon 21/2.8 but what isnt.

Feb 05, 2014 at 09:47 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.171 #4 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

wfrank,
The original images are posted on his Flickr account.

Distagon 21/2.8 @f/8

Samyang 14mm @f/8

Feb 05, 2014 at 10:31 PM
wfrank
• • • •
p.171 #5 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

Thank you Fred for pointing that out.

Feb 06, 2014 at 09:07 AM
serhan_
• •
p.171 #6 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

Photozone posted FE35mm review w/ A7R:
http://www.photozone.de/sonyalphaff/865-zeiss35f28ff

Feb 06, 2014 at 02:12 PM
Luvwine
• • •
p.171 #7 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

Thought this was an interesting anecdotal account of the strength of the lens mount on the A7r:

http://voyage.posthaven.com/strength-of-mount-pedestal-of-a7r

Feb 06, 2014 at 05:24 PM
dennishh
• • •
p.171 #8 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

Great news, I will try mounting my 14-24 Nikon on it just with the camera mounted.

Feb 06, 2014 at 05:36 PM
flash
• • • •
p.171 #9 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

Getting an interesting effect with adapted Leica lenses on my A7. When I combine my 135APO, a high shutter speed and first curtain electronic shutter I get about 15-20% of the image, from the top, underexposed.

If I use the mechanical shutter all is well. The strange bit is this only happens with my 135. My 12,21,50 and 75 don't have this behavior. My 90 Summarit is still away so I can test that yet. I only have one lens adaptor so I'm ruling that out.

Weird? Normal? Will it happen with the tele zoom?

Gordon

Feb 08, 2014 at 07:56 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.171 #10 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

flash wrote:
Getting an interesting effect with adapted Leica lenses on my A7. When I combine my 135APO, a high shutter speed and first curtain electronic shutter I get about 15-20% of the image, from the top, underexposed.

If I use the mechanical shutter all is well. The strange bit is this only happens with my 135. My 12,21,50 and 75 don't have this behavior. My 90 Summarit is still away so I can test that yet. I only have one lens adaptor so I'm ruling that out.

Gordon

Normal. Don't use it with high shutter speeds.

Feb 08, 2014 at 09:19 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

phuviano

p.171 #11 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

What flashes can I use with these cameras? I looked up the yongnuo 560 III. There doesn't seemed to be a sony compatible one.

In the past, I've only used TTL compatible flashes. However, I have used flashes in manual mode before, and I have done a little bit of strobist pics before.

I don't want anything like the hvl-f20m, GN too low for me. I looked at the hvl-f43am, but I need an adapter, which means more money.

TTL or full manual strobe suggestions would be appreciated.

Feb 08, 2014 at 06:35 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.171 #12 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

flash wrote:

Gordon

Gordon,
First curtain electronic shutter can cause what you described, so it's "normal".
On very high shutter speeds, it may be wise to turn it off.
Fred

Feb 08, 2014 at 06:40 PM
amplexis
• •
p.171 #13 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

On the A7/A7r (or any Sony camera) is there a way to record raw files to the camera's storage card when using Sony's Playmemories remote control? i need remote control that saves raw files for the stuff i am doing and i cannot get my A7r to save a rar when i am controlling it with a tablet.

Feb 08, 2014 at 06:52 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • •
p.171 #14 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

amplexis wrote:
On the A7/A7r (or any Sony camera) is there a way to record raw files to the camera's storage card when using Sony's Playmemories remote control? i need remote control that saves raw files for the stuff i am doing and i cannot get my A7r to save a rar when i am controlling it with a tablet.

Same here, I have not been able to get that as well . Although I set the camera in RAW but still in records it in JPG in both the mobile device and SD card. There is no other way around for the files to be converted/transferred to the mobile device in JPG to be displayed there, of course but I wish that there is a way safe the files as RAW into the SD card. Another firmware maybe...?

Feb 08, 2014 at 07:11 PM
flash
• • • •
p.171 #15 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

thanks Carsten and Fred.

Gordon

Feb 08, 2014 at 08:19 PM
flash
• • • •
p.171 #16 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

phuviano wrote:
What flashes can I use with these cameras? I looked up the yongnuo 560 III. There doesn't seemed to be a sony compatible one.

In the past, I've only used TTL compatible flashes. However, I have used flashes in manual mode before, and I have done a little bit of strobist pics before.

I don't want anything like the hvl-f20m, GN too low for me. I looked at the hvl-f43am, but I need an adapter, which means more money.

TTL or full manual strobe suggestions would be appreciated.

The HVL43M has the new hot shoe. The HVL43AM has the old one. Both are the same price. Expensive but the Sony flash design is excellent. The tilt and bounce are fantastic compared to other brands.

Gordon

Feb 08, 2014 at 08:23 PM
amplexis
• •
p.171 #17 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

AGeoJO wrote:
Same here, I have not been able to get that as well . Although I set the camera in RAW but still in records it in JPG in both the mobile device and SD card. There is no other way around for the files to be converted/transferred to the mobile device in JPG to be displayed there, of course but I wish that there is a way safe the files as RAW into the SD card. Another firmware maybe...?

in my search for a remote control solution i did find a wired tethering Windows app: http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/imsoft/Win/rcc/us.html and for Macintosh: http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/imsoft/Mac/rcc/us.html
this software works for ILCE-5000, ILCE-7, ILCE-7R
SLT-A58 , SLT-A99/A99V
DSLR-A700 , DSLR-A850 , DSLR-A900
maybe i am discovering something everyone else already knows about. but i really need to get raw files while using Sony smart remote control so i can use my camera on the end of a long CF stick to shoot waterfalls.

Feb 08, 2014 at 10:18 PM
tjack
• •
p.171 #18 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

You can shot in Raw with the smart phone remote app...

Once you connect the camera and phone or tablet together look at the camera back screen menu and there will be a menu for setting options with image size, format etc...I think it's under menu 2.

Works for me with iphone or ipad, saves a jpg on iphone then on card saves raw and jpeg.

Feb 08, 2014 at 10:49 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • •
p.171 #19 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

Thanks, tjack. I tried that before but it didn't let me change that after the connection has been established between the two, the mobile device and my A7r. I will have to fiddle some more, I guess.

Feb 08, 2014 at 11:07 PM
amplexis
• •
p.171 #20 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

tjack wrote:
You can shot in Raw with the smart phone remote app...

Once you connect the camera and phone or tablet together look at the camera back screen menu and there will be a menu for setting options with image size, format etc...I think it's under menu 2.

Works for me with iphone or ipad, saves a jpg on iphone then on card saves raw and jpeg.

i have set the quality to raw and i have set the quality to raw & jpeg but when i connect to the tablet with the smart remote control app, apparently the app resets the quality to fine jpeg. and when i do a search i see that many other users are stuck with jpeg files saved to the card even when they have quality set to raw on the camera. i think that maybe some people are getting raw files saved but there is some configuration issue that fouls things. when i asked Sony support about this they said that only jpeg is possible. I also read reports that saving raw files is supported in the current version. what to believe?

Feb 08, 2014 at 11:10 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password