FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              167      
       169              194       195       end

Archive 2013 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

philip_pj
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.168 #1 · p.168 #1 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

Particularly impressive are the stepwise revealing of the components in teardown, the open design permitting clear inspection and the amount of metal supporting the mount and sensor. And of course the potential to replace sensor glass as a stand alone repair.

The intelligent and integrated design together with the well-buttressed mount hold out the promise a decent service life, and the reduced number of parts, standardisation of assembly fasteners and general accessibility should contribute to extending the life of the product by reducing repair costs.

Jan 29, 2014 at 10:17 PM
philip_pj
• • • • •
p.168 #2 · p.168 #2 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

A7 takes a bath to get clean after some hard work:

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/a7r-in-stock-at-bhphoto-and-the-big-sony-a7-and-a7r-reviews-roundup-they-are-cameras-of-the-year-at-ephotozine-and-imaging-resource/

where is the soap?

Jan 30, 2014 at 12:14 AM
EOS20
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.168 #3 · p.168 #3 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

Sony Australia are now offering a free Battery grip in addition to the free adapter with the A7 and A7r!

http://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/categoryimage_182_icon5.jpg

Jan 30, 2014 at 03:20 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.168 #4 · p.168 #4 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

Hmm, they must be selling slowly down under.

Jan 30, 2014 at 04:03 AM
Alpha_Geist
• • •
p.168 #5 · p.168 #5 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

Fred Miranda wrote:
Try the color profiles from this page:
http://www.piraccini.net/2011/02/profili-colore-sony-a900-per-adobe-lr.html

Sony ILCE-7 | Sony ILCE-7R

I found that the "Faithful" color profile works well for my images so far.

Please excuse me for being a nub, but after I've downloaded the profiles and unzipped them into my

Windows:
"C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles"

MAC OS:
"HD/users/yourusername/LibraryApplicationSupport/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfile"

folder, what next? Am I done or is there a setting in LR/ACR/PhotoshopCS/CC that I need to change/tweak in order to start using these profiles?

*also, should I unzip the ILCE-7(r) folder into the CameraRaw folder or just the *.dcp files into the CameraRaw folder?

Thanks in advance!

Jan 30, 2014 at 04:42 AM
Jochenb
• • • •
p.168 #6 · p.168 #6 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

carstenw wrote:
Hmm, they must be selling slowly down under.

Maybe all the money went to airconditioning instead of cameras. Such heat lately.

Jan 30, 2014 at 05:36 AM
EOS20
• • • • • •
p.168 #7 · p.168 #7 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

The A7R teardown: A look inside Sony’s awesome full frame mirrorless camera:

http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2014/01/the-a7r-teardown-a-look-inside-sonys-awesome-full-frame-mirrorless-camera

Jan 30, 2014 at 06:00 AM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
p.168 #8 · p.168 #8 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

philip_pj wrote:
A7 takes a bath to get clean after some hard work:

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/a7r-in-stock-at-bhphoto-and-the-big-sony-a7-and-a7r-reviews-roundup-they-are-cameras-of-the-year-at-ephotozine-and-imaging-resource/

where is the soap?

Think I would be freaking out about the time that screen with the explanation mark kept popping up randomly. Do you know what that screen reads? I have to wonder how much longer that camera will continue to work. I suppose if it doesn't short out, it would be fine once any water dries out.

Saw this a few days back of the A7r and Pentax K3 tested in snow at -16c for 5 days! Clearly, the A7's are not intended to endure that. The A7r shut down but came back to life once warmed up. The K3 never missed a beat, but it is a camera really designed to be "weather proof". I suspect the "9" series (A9?) will be the camera designed to be really "weather proof".

http://diit.cz/clanek/pentax-k-3-pri-16-stupnich-pod-nulou-zadny-problem

Jan 30, 2014 at 08:34 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.168 #9 · p.168 #9 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

If anyone is looking to save a few dollars on an A7 or A7R, there are a ton of used ones listed on the B&H web site this morning (a dozen, at last count):

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=sony+a7&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&usedSearch=1&Top+Nav-Search=

Probably of more interest to US customers, though - the prices are just about the same as a new one sells for in Canada.

Jan 30, 2014 at 09:02 AM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
p.168 #10 · p.168 #10 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

molson wrote:
If anyone is looking to save a few dollars on an A7 or A7R, there are a ton of used ones listed on the B&H web site this morning (a dozen, at last count):

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=sony+a7&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&usedSearch=1&Top+Nav-Search=

Probably of more interest to US customers, though - the prices are just about the same as a new one sells for in Canada.

That's a surprising number of used A7's to be such a new model...and in such a niche market. Lot's of used ones on Amazon as well.

Jan 30, 2014 at 09:07 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.168 #11 · p.168 #11 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

Tariq Gibran wrote:
That's a surprising number of used A7's to be such a new model...and in such a niche market. Lot's of used ones on Amazon as well.

I usually check the B&H site every morning, and there are always at least 3 or 4 of them (mostly A7's) listed - today was a big jump.

Maybe I will hold off from buying a new one - at this rate the price of an A7R should be down to a more sensible $1200-$1500 before too long.

Jan 30, 2014 at 09:16 AM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
p.168 #12 · p.168 #12 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

molson wrote:
I usually check the B&H site every morning, and there are always at least 3 or 4 of them (mostly A7's) listed - today was a big jump.

Maybe I will hold off from buying a new one - at this rate the price of an A7R should be down to a more sensible $1200-$1500 before too long.

I dont' know, that would be a really great price for the A7r. My suspicion is that we are seeing folks who just jumped on buying one of these - either pre-order or right when they were first available - not really knowing fully what they were getting. Seems to happen a lot with new camera introductions these days. I suspect the used inventory might actually drop once these are out of the system.

Jan 30, 2014 at 09:26 AM
mco_970
• • • • •
p.168 #13 · p.168 #13 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

Anything bought before X-mas at Amazon has to be returned by the 31st (today) so I would expect to start seeing an influx of used bodies and lenses at Amazon.

Jan 30, 2014 at 10:40 AM
HopeIsEternal
• •
p.168 #14 · p.168 #14 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

Philip, do you work for Sony or a Sony partner?

quote]philip_pj wrote:
Particularly impressive are the stepwise revealing of the components in teardown, the open design permitting clear inspection and the amount of metal supporting the mount and sensor. And of course the potential to replace sensor glass as a stand alone repair.

The intelligent and integrated design together with the well-buttressed mount hold out the promise a decent service life, and the reduced number of parts, standardisation of assembly fasteners and general accessibility should contribute to extending the life of the product by reducing repair costs.

Jan 30, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.168 #15 · p.168 #15 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

Hope - I noticed you asked a few times but I really don't think Philip will answer your question.... Perhaps send him a pm and you may have better success with getting a reply.

Jan 30, 2014 at 12:32 PM
joanlvh
• • •
p.168 #16 · p.168 #16 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

when switching from a MF lens to an AF lens, or visa versa,I seem to push buttons, toggle ect before I get my A7 to switch lens types, what is the easiest/fastest way to do this? thanks joanlvh

Jan 30, 2014 at 01:07 PM
philip_pj
• • • • •
p.168 #17 · p.168 #17 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

Tariq, who knows re the waterproofing effects, I never use electronic cameras in rain of any kind more than a light mist, but since the matter was raised, some might like to see.

Brian Smith (who got early release a7/r gear) is compiling an e-book on the cameras. He has a decent article on adapters here:

http://briansmith.com/sony-a7-a7r-lens-mount-adapters/

Hope, I'll send you a PM, probably best that way.

Jan 30, 2014 at 05:53 PM
tonyniev
• •
p.168 #18 · p.168 #18 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

curious, how much is the total price for the A7r with all those bonus offers in Australia? Thanks.

Jan 30, 2014 at 09:45 PM
Peter Le
• • •
p.168 #19 · p.168 #19 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

philip_pj wrote:
Tariq, who knows re the waterproofing effects, I never use electronic cameras in rain of any kind more than a light mist, but since the matter was raised, some might like to see.

Brian Smith (who got early release a7/r gear) is compiling an e-book on the cameras. He has a decent article on adapters here:

http://briansmith.com/sony-a7-a7r-lens-mount-adapters/

Hope, I'll send you a PM, probably best that way.

Your link doesn't seem to work

Jan 30, 2014 at 10:49 PM
twoeye
• • •
p.168 #20 · p.168 #20 · Official: Sony A7 and A7R Fullframe Mirrorless

Alpha_Geist wrote:
Please excuse me for being a nub, but after I've downloaded the profiles and unzipped them into my

Windows:
"C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles"

MAC OS:
"HD/users/yourusername/LibraryApplicationSupport/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfile"

folder, what next? Am I done or is there a setting in LR/ACR/PhotoshopCS/CC that I need to change/tweak in order to start using these profiles?

*also, should I unzip the ILCE-7(r) folder into the CameraRaw folder or just the *.dcp files into the CameraRaw folder?

Thanks in advance!

Also beeing a nub, I have tried this myself, either loading the full Sony ILCE-7R folder or the individual *.dcp files into my CameraProfiles folder (HD/users/yourusername/LibraryApplicationSupport/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles) but nothing seems to happen when opening Lightroom. Are the added profiles supposed to appear along the other camera calibration profiles?

Anyone?

Jan 31, 2014 at 03:01 AM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.