Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2004 · Plain Prinia (used to be common bird in Thailand)

Choun W

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Plain Prinia (used to be common bird in Thailand)

This bird used to be a common bird in Thailand, but now a day it not so easy to see this bird around Bangkok.
I'm very lucky to find this bird just in my opposite neighborhood house, on the first time that I saw it, I just keep a distance and looking to identified what such a small bird is. (it only about 12 cm long this bird)
After I keep looking for it for a few days then I found that it now breeding at the one coner of long grass in my neighborhood hosue.
In following week end, I wake up early morning, carried my 1D2 fit with 300f4 with 1.4x but no flash, and standing in front of my house looking for the birds, after a while it appear but not let me come closer to it, keep on making a distance to me. So I can't get the good photo on it because too far.
After come back to sit in front of my home and watching it, I found that it is doing a nest for breeding by taking a small grass from surroud and before it will go in to the grass, it did as a patern by keep stoping at a small tree near to the grass that the nest is under making.
Then the idea come, I move my car to park in front of this house just 3 metre from the small tree that it stop every time before, the fence of this house having a space about 6-7 inches and the fence is about one metre from my car.
I sat down quietly in my car and point at the small tree where the bird is keep come to stop before go in to the grass, through the space of the fence and wait for it.
After a while, it come and at the point I prepared then I shooting straighaway 23 pictures within 3 second that it stop at the tree.
This is one of the bird that I feel glad to be able to take a good photo of it, what are you thinking, just comment freely.
Forgive me if my english is mistake.

Aug 27, 2004 at 08:53 AM
dparish
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Plain Prinia (used to be common bird in Thailand)

Your english may not be perfect, but the picture speaks for itself. That really is a fantastic shot!!

-Dave

Aug 27, 2004 at 09:02 AM
hamster
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Plain Prinia (used to be common bird in Thailand)

Nice shot, great detail and dof isolation. However the crop seems a bit too tight for my taste. Anyhow, it's a very nice shot!

Aug 27, 2004 at 12:39 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Plain Prinia (used to be common bird in Thailand)

A great shot Chounchai. Colour, detail, sharpness & DOF is just perfect. And a beautiful bird.

Lars

Aug 27, 2004 at 12:56 PM
Lavender
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Plain Prinia (used to be common bird in Thailand)

Great shot, Choun. Fine details and well composed.
Your patience is paid off. Thanks for sharing this.

Aug 27, 2004 at 01:29 PM
jt7808

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Plain Prinia (used to be common bird in Thailand)

Choun: What determination and cleverness in getting the shot. Keep up the good work.

Aug 27, 2004 at 07:36 PM
Elle Dechene
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Plain Prinia (used to be common bird in Thailand)

Chounchai, it amazes me that I don't have to go open up a National Geographic or a coffee table bird photo book to see a shot like this. Your commentary was also very nice. It is almost as though this little Thai bird is outside my window. Thanks for posting, and for going to the trouble to doing so in English.

Elle

Aug 27, 2004 at 08:44 PM
Gateboy
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Plain Prinia (used to be common bird in Thailand)

Excellent shot and a great story

Aug 28, 2004 at 12:38 AM
Antje
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Plain Prinia (used to be common bird in Thailand)

What a beauty! And a great story, using whatever you have at your disposal as a blind is such a great advice, I can only stress that too.

Antje

Aug 28, 2004 at 04:22 AM
Choun W

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Plain Prinia (used to be common bird in Thailand)

Thank you for every one, I'm just a lucky guy who have to learn more also next time when I found another tip or good bird photo, I will share with your again.
Sorry again for my poor enlish, and this following is an other good shot in this series.

Aug 28, 2004 at 06:01 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.