New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Issue with SDHC Card?

douter
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Issue with SDHC Card?

This is the first I have used the card and slot for that matter. Used SDHC card as run-over and video card last weekend. Formatted in-camera (D-800). When I put it in my card readers (both contiguous and noncontiguous to computer, View NX2 did not register any photos/files present. Put card back in camera and they are there. Got out the USB cable and connected camera directly to computers (tried in two of them)...no files. Went through my computer and was able to copy and paste from card to computer. Does this just sound as if the initial formatting did not get done correctly or is this a suspect card. I have never had an issue with a CF card in this camera. The first files on the SDHC were video files.
Douglas

Oct 15, 2013 at 08:01 AM
mrgetalife
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Issue with SDHC Card?

Suspect card or Suspect card reader.

Though i'm missing a step trying to figure out your last card to computer copy. What was the card plugged into?

Oct 15, 2013 at 06:13 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Issue with SDHC Card?

As for the card reader, it would have to be three different ones as I attempted with one SanDisk and one built into each of my computers.
I was able to copy the photos and videos with the camera connected via usb cable... the card was in-camera at the time.
Douglas

Oct 15, 2013 at 07:30 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Issue with SDHC Card?

View may not be the latest version or corrupted? Be very careful, as older copies of View can corrupt files. I always put the card in a reader and use Ztree (a newer version of the venerable Xtree from DOS days) to copy files to a directory I name on the computer.

Oct 15, 2013 at 08:04 PM
Cicopo
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Issue with SDHC Card?

Older card readers may not be able to read some of the newer high speed SDHC formats. Every time they develop a newer format to write files faster it often requires a new card reader capable of reading the card.

Oct 15, 2013 at 08:30 PM
mrgetalife
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Issue with SDHC Card?

It just sounds like bad readers. I don't know the model or ages of them.

Oct 16, 2013 at 09:44 AM
Poff Photo
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Issue with SDHC Card?

Much to my surprise, my card reader had a firmware update that I had to get from their website... Maybe check that?

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:25 AM
lukeb
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Issue with SDHC Card?

Poff Photo wrote:
Much to my surprise, my card reader had a firmware update that I had to get from their website... Maybe check that?

Absolutely! Do you have your cameras latest firmware update too?

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:36 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Issue with SDHC Card?

Everything is up to date as far as firmware and software. Will need to check if there is any firmware for the Image Mate 8 in 1 San Disk card reader.

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:44 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Issue with SDHC Card?

I contacted San Disk and was advised I need a new card reader, apparently the one I have has no compatibility with SDHC. That still does not explain why it did not show up when I plugged my camera into the computer via usb. But I am going to attempt it again this evening and see what happens.
Douglas

Oct 17, 2013 at 06:42 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.