Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Assistant w/ OCF during processional- tips?

sboerup
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Assistant w/ OCF during processional- tips?

I would try very hard not to use flash during the processional. I would find it very distracting personally. I'll shoot at 25,600 before I'll add a flash into the mix.

Oct 14, 2013 at 01:18 AM
aonavy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Assistant w/ OCF during processional- tips?

Robin Usagani wrote:
Funny, the OP sent me a pm and told me not to respond to his posts ever again. WTH? Was my first response really bad? I don't even know why OP thinks I was not on topic.

I did think it was bad.Someones just being sensitive i guess.

Oct 14, 2013 at 02:09 PM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Assistant w/ OCF during processional- tips?

To those who replied with some very good insight, I thank you. What you’ve written makes very good sense.

As for Mr. Usgani’s remarks… I would’ve preferred that we just go our separate ways.

Ever since he posted a morally repugnant thread mocking my faith to which I and others objected, and which the moderators immediately deleted, he has had a history of trolling comments to me. I felt they were best ignored.

Below is a copy of the PM which I sent him:

BEGIN TEXT
I've never met you in person, and have never written anything to offend you. I don't comprehend the need for your remarks.

What do you say we just ignore each other?
END TEXT

Really, I don’t think anything more constructive can come from this- moderators, feel free to lock the thread. We all have weddings to edit or other better things to do with our time.

Robin Usagani wrote:
Funny, the OP sent me a pm and told me not to respond to his posts ever again. WTH? Was my first response really bad? I don't even know why OP thinks I was not on topic.

Oct 14, 2013 at 06:20 PM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Assistant w/ OCF during processional- tips?

Nikon_14 wrote:
As for Mr. Usgani’s remarks… I would’ve preferred that we just go our separate ways.

Ever since he posted a morally repugnant thread mocking my faith to which I and others objected, and which the moderators immediately deleted, he has had a history of trolling comments to me. I felt they were best ignored.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I barely post on this forum. History of trolling? Mocking your faith? Deleted post? You got me mistaken with someone else man.

Oct 14, 2013 at 06:54 PM
jcolman
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Assistant w/ OCF during processional- tips?

Robin Usagani wrote:
I have no idea what you are talking about. I barely post on this forum. History of trolling? Mocking your faith? Deleted post? You got me mistaken with someone else man.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like something Robin would do. I agree he or she has you mixed up with someone else.

Oct 14, 2013 at 08:45 PM
jcolman
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Assistant w/ OCF during processional- tips?

But back on topic, I'm known for using flash a lot. But never on a processional.

Oct 14, 2013 at 08:47 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Assistant w/ OCF during processional- tips?

here is my take, this is a wedding ceremony, not a commercial photo shoot. I think your idea is not a good one to have an assistant with ocf during the processional, during the reception or portraits, different story entirely. If you were to ask the officiant if they would permit this type of set up, I would think they would not approve. Ideally you want to use no flash unless you have no other choice to get a good shot, of course it all depends on the location and the lighting scenario.

Oct 15, 2013 at 06:56 AM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.