Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Licensing question

Jimna

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Licensing question

I had a credit union contact me about using an image on a credit card. I am not sure how to approach this, has anyone seen this before or have advice on how to charge them? Also what sort of time frame do I put on this sort of license?? This is a new one for me.

Thanks!

Oct 11, 2013 at 05:17 PM
OutsideShooter
• • •
p.1 #2 · Licensing question

This is not different from any other licensed use. If you are asking what is normal, perhaps you could do some research. I prefer to do my own. Otherwise set a time frame that you are comfortable with. It is not uncommon for a company to want use for a year, with exclusive rights. What is that worth to you? You are taking the sale of your photo out of purchase rights for that time.

Oct 12, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Micky Bill
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Licensing question

There are a few stock photo calculators out there that will give you a good idea for pricing. One year seems pretty short, I'd think 3 years is more likely. Exclusivity adds a lot to the fee but there are different levels of exclusivity. Exclusive in the financial industry, exclusive use on a credit card, exclusive in a certain geographic area...
I would think that is something the CU would just go to a stock photo agency website instead of approaching a individual photographer but good luck.

Oct 13, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Jimna

p.1 #4 · Licensing question

This worked out well, thanks for the help. My image will be the new look of the next credit card from red Rocks credit Union!

Nov 06, 2013 at 09:49 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password