Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Calumet "backorder" problem with FujiFilm X-E1, 18-55?

hologon
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Calumet "backorder" problem with FujiFilm X-E1, 18-55?

I placed an order with Calumet for a Fuji X-E1 with the 18-55 and 35/1.4 when they had their great $200 off sale back in September.

Calumet says that the camera has been "on backorder" since June and won't ship me one. It's October 10 today. Whenever I call to talk to them, they always say that those products have been "on backorder" without pausing a beat to check.

I called the sales director at FujiFilm directly and he said that FujiFilm has all those items in stock with no problem. In addition, Calumet UK has them in stock (and is clearly trying to get rid of them.)

I don't want to suggest that Calumet is sitting on my order so I'll cancel it, but it looks like someone dropped the ball in a major way. It's especially strange since we all know that FujiFilm is going to announce the X-E2 on October 18 so they should be ready to clear out the pipeline of the old camera.

I used to live in Chicago and shopped there on a regular basis, so this makes me pretty upset.

Anyone else experience this?

Oct 10, 2013 at 03:33 PM
BruceF99
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Calumet "backorder" problem with FujiFilm X-E1, 18-55?

Have you checked out B&H or other stores? B&H has a body + 18-55 for $999 and the 35mm for $599. $1598 total.

Oct 10, 2013 at 03:43 PM
hologon
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Calumet "backorder" problem with FujiFilm X-E1, 18-55?

BruceF99,

Yep -- the only reason I've been waiting is that I ordered on that one day Calumet had $200 off $1000 -- so my total on the kit was $1400.

I'm happy to cancel with Calumet and go with B&H (my usual standby for when I couldn't get something through Calumet locally) or Amazon; I just was hoping to save $150.

Thanks!

Oct 10, 2013 at 03:51 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Calumet "backorder" problem with FujiFilm X-E1, 18-55?

Have you talked with the manager at Calumet Chicago?

Oct 10, 2013 at 04:26 PM
hologon
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Calumet "backorder" problem with FujiFilm X-E1, 18-55?

jcolwell wrote:
Have you talked with the manager at Calumet Chicago?

I've tried.

The only person they will transfer me to is Dustin Pearson, the National Sales Manager (according to LinkedIn), and he hasn't been answering his phone. I've left a message. Then when I called back to see if they could find him, they put me on hold for half an hour until I gave up.

Next step is to write a letter next to Mr. Pearson.

Oct 10, 2013 at 04:38 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Calumet "backorder" problem with FujiFilm X-E1, 18-55?

Bummer. That would use up most, if not all, of the good will that I've accumulated at most stores.

Oct 10, 2013 at 05:35 PM
hologon
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Calumet "backorder" problem with FujiFilm X-E1, 18-55?

I just want to get to the truth. If a rep had just said originally that the sale doesn't apply to these items, sorry, we made a mistake, we should've never accepted your order, it would have been fine.

But now I've wasted a month that I could have been photographing, waiting for this apparently non-existent order when I could have gotten it at full retail from somewhere else.

Oh, well.

Oct 10, 2013 at 09:04 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.