New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Quadra and Apollo type soft boxes

Michael White
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Quadra and Apollo type soft boxes

I just acquired the quadra Rx light system and was planning on using it itch my eBay Apollo type softbox but the shaft was to large for the umbrella mount on the quadra. Does anyone know of a Apollo type softbox that will work with the quadra? I don't look forward to buying the elinchrom adapter at around $150 just to use another adapter at $50 to get a softbox on this light. Thanks in advance.

Oct 10, 2013 at 02:10 AM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Quadra and Apollo type soft boxes

Iirc it is a 7.5mm shaft slot/hole

Oct 10, 2013 at 12:00 PM
egd5
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Quadra and Apollo type soft boxes

Couldn't you just put a regular umbrella adapter under the quadra and use that to hold your Apollo? You'd need a little brass thingy (forget what they're called) that fits in the top of the adapter and bottom of the quadra. Whole setup shouldn't be over $40 I think.

Oct 10, 2013 at 09:50 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Quadra and Apollo type soft boxes

egd5 wrote:
Couldn't you just put a regular umbrella adapter under the quadra and use that to hold your Apollo? You'd need a little brass thingy (forget what they're called)...

"Spigot."

I think this should work. The strobe head would be off center, but the rear-firing design of the Apollo and Apollo-style soft boxes helps to even out the light by the time it reaches the diffusion panel.

Oct 11, 2013 at 03:00 PM
Gregg Heckler
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Quadra and Apollo type soft boxes

Elinchrom's shaft size is 7mm. If your are not going to buy the adapter at $100 (which I highly recommend) than I would look at the Elinchrom 41" Varistar umbrella kit. Really nice general purpose modifier. However, spend the dough on the adapter. It opens the Quadra to all kinda if great modifiers. Even the standard reflector with the translucent cap puts out nice light.

Oct 11, 2013 at 05:38 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.